Discovered Answers

(Cela's POV)

Everything seemed to pass in slow motion, her heart stopping, Hatch congratulating me. But the worst part was I couldn't find a part in me that didn't enjoy killing her. I think I even smiled, laughed even at her panicked eyes. How she looked at me silently pleading 'Don't do it'.

The Elgen had changed me. A year ago I would have rather died than kill another living being, but now I laugh at it.

I was back in my room looking in the mirror, my hair had gotten longer since the first time I had arrived. My sides just came an inch below my shoulders and the hair in the back comes down below my chin. Everything about me was infuriating, how I could just take another human's life and continue on like it was nothing. I punched the mirror with my fist, glass shattered everywhere. My hand now stung, because of the cuts.

That girl didn't deserve to die...I did. Soon I smelt something burning and looked down at my foot and saw it was glowing red with heat. In just a couple of seconds my carpet caught fire, I would be burned alive but I didn't care. So if I didn't care how am I alive now?

"Cela wake up!" a voice shouted and I felt my body shake before being dragged out of my dream.

It was hard to focus, but I was able to make out the figure towering over me...it was Zeus. His hair was messy and he was wearing the same thing he had on the other day. Under his eyes lay prominent bags.

"Good your awake. You've been scratching yourself like crazy in your sleep."

I looked at my arms and they were covered in bloody scratches and my fingernails were caked in dry blood. "Why am I here?" I asked weakly

"X saved you," said Zeus

This only made the pain that was feeling on the inside worse. X wasn't supposed to her life on the line for me, even if I've only spoken to her once I can tell she's a good person, that doesn't deserve to put her life on the line for me of all people.

(X's POV)

My throat burned and everything ached, in addition it was a struggle to open up my eyes. I had exhausted myself yesterday by using my powers so much.

Controlling atoms isn't just picturing an item and it appears. You have to picture the basic elements of an object and how they all come together. Same rules apply with teleporting except you have to picture where you want to go and make sure all your atoms are going with you. It looks easy when I do it but in reality it's challenging and tiring.

I groaned and sat up rubbing my temples constantly. That's when I noticed where the aching sensation was coming from. My arms were covered in burns.

"X, your awake!" said Cela eagerly getting out of the hospital bed that was placed a few feet from mine. When she got up I noticed scratches going all the way from her left hand up toward her shoulder.

I tried to ask her if she was okay but my mouth was so dry I couldn't speak. I pointed toward Zeus then at my throat.

"What is she asking for?" asked Zeus

"Water you idiot," said Cela trying to smile.

Zeus nodded and left the room as soon as he did I knew this would give me a chance to tell her why Hatch is putting so much emphasis on trust.

"Cela---I coughed---I need to talk to you," I said my voice coming out raspy and barely audible.

"Wait till Zeus comes back with the-" I cut her off.

"Come on," I said then teleported us to my room.

(Cela's POV)

One minute we're in the infirmary on Level B and the next thing I know I'm in X's room. It had nice furniture and decoration, unlike mine which more or less looked like a tornado came through.