Prison or Paradise

(Cela's POV)

I don't know how long it was until I regained consciousness, but when I did I was on a cot in a dark cell with stone walls and cameras. My head was pounding and my thoughts were a little jumbled together, although I had no trouble feeling the stabbing pain in my arm.

"Where am I?" I asked no one in particular. When all of my senses came back I was able to register that the bed was sticky, the soft glow from my stomach helped me see a little, but it wasn't quite enough.

It was blood, it was all over my cot, well only from the waist up it was. My arm must have still been bleeding when they brought me in here, I thought. When I tried to raise up I realized that restraints were keeping me on the bed...but they were covered in plastic. Although considering my situation it was kind of relaxing to be laying down if it weren't for the video cameras and the feeling that someone was going to come in any minute and kill me. Then that's when I started thinking of my sister, Cecelia must be worried sick right now.

Should I be worried sick? I thought. Just when I was about to go to sleep I heard someone's voice come through the speakers.

"It is time to awaken and start the day in the training facility," said the voice.

"Hello?" came a voice just as the door to my cell opened.

I didn't respond out of anger and I felt too weak to say anything at this point.

"I understand that you might be tired, but you might want to get out of here." said the voice, it sounded like a girl's voice.

"Who are you?" I asked, kind of surprised of how raspy my voice sounded.

"Tara, you?"

"Why should I tell you?" I asked.

  "Maybe you'd prefer staying in here for two more days," said Tara as she pressed a button on the stone wall; the lights came on and the restraints recoiled. "The RESAT will stay attached to you unless you comply. I'll be taking you to the infirmary to get cleaned up and then you'll go to the examination room."

  I nodded and she pressed a button which deactivated the RESAT and I could finally breathe clearly. I swung my feet off the bed and almost collapsed to the ground but caught myself at the last second.

  "Need some help? Hatch told me to give this to you," said Tara, she sounded like she...cared for a second while she handed me a small box with little lighting bolt symbols on it. On the side of it, it had a slot for me to put my finger into.

  Must be for me to recharge, I thought. I put my index finger into the slot and focused, letting the electricity flow into my body and give me strength. I sighed in relief, I was able to stand up straight without feeling fatigue or my headache.

  "Better, now lets go," said Tara and I followed her down the long hallway which was filled with Elgen scientists, servants, and kids that...looked my age. They were all wearing expensive clothing especially the girls. Good thing I wasn't into fashion, they weren't going to buy me, if that's their part of their agenda.       

  "Hey," said one kid. He had oily blond hair and his skin was covered in a thin layer of grim.

  "Uh...hey...you um going to take a shower?" I asked rubbing my hands together nervously.

  "When you stop looking worse than Nichelle which probably wont happen in a long time," he said laughing "By the way my names Zeus, yours?"

  "Cela," up close he looked kind of cute he's yellow eyes were easy to get lost in. They gave off a golden glow that hypnotized you.