Just the Beginning

Back when you were in eighth grade you met a boy named Liu. He had shaggy dark brown hair and green eyes. He was sitting at the cafeteria table before the first period started.

"Hi. You just moved here right?" You asked.

"Yeah... First day," he said giving you a warm smile. You smiled back.

"So do you like it so far?"

He looked to the ceiling before answering.

"Yeah. Everyone's' pretty cool. Except that Randy kid."

You raised your eyebrows.

"Oh, THAT kid." You said as your voice went dull. 

"Heh- Heh... Yeah."

Before you could ask what Randy did, another boy came and sat next to Liu. He had peachy skin, brown hair that went down to under his chin, and blue eyes. He looked a bit like Liu but slightly shorter and didn't have green eyes like Liu did. His eyes were blue. Their noses were different too.

"This is my brother." He said pointing to the other boy. You smiled once again trying to welcome them.

"My names' (Y/N). You never told me your names though."

"I'm Liu. This is Jeff." 

Jeff smiled. He looked really happy to be here.

"So, Jeff. How do you like it here in this new place?" You asked wondering his opinion.

"Its... Well, it's awesome." He said.

You nodded. Then noticed something.

" Wait... It's quiet." You looked around. Everyone seemed calm and happy.
You chuckled.

"Randy is not here. That's why it's so quiet." You said as you looked over to Liu smiling. Jeff scoffed.

"I could see why it's so quiet. That kid cries too much. He's so sen-" He was cut off when Liu nudged his arm. You looked at both of them curiously in silence.

"He's so what?" You asked. They both looked at each other before Liu sighed.

"I don't think were ready to bring it up,"

Liu sat up straight now obviously uncomfortable with the conversation. 

Your friend, Jen comes and sits next to you.

"Yo, did you hear about Randy?" They asked.

"No, what happened?"

"Dude, he was like killed or something!" 

"What!" You were obviously shocked.

Jeff and Liu glanced at each other. 

"Lets go," Jeff says before getting up to leave. Liu smiles at you and waves 'goodbye' before also leaving.

The day goes on, and it turns out that Randy and his posy weren't killed, they were just in what seemed like a bad knife fight.

Its Friday.

The first day you met Liu and Jeff was Wednesday, also when you first spoke to them. In the past two days, you have not said a word to each other. Two reasons.
Liu didn't come to school for the past two days, and Jeff was being a bit anti-social. He was keeping to himself. You didn't bother because you had your things to worry about. But today you decided to talk to Jeff.
You saw him walking around campus. He looked sad. So sad... You felt bad for him. You ran up to his side.
"Hi, Jeff!" He looked at you and gave you a fake smile.
"Hey (Y/N)." He said in a gloomy tone, and he 'smiled'.  You frowned.
"What's wrong?"
"I don't want to talk about it." He said as he looked down.
"Okay, well if you ever want to talk about it. You can talk to me. I won't judge. I have lots of family things going on myself."
He just nodded.
"So how's Liu? Is he sick?" Jeff's eyes showed sorrow. You felt bad for asking. You didn't mean to offend him.
"Jeff... I'm sorry. I... You can talk to me..."

Jeff smiles.

"Thanks... I got to get to class..."

"Okay. Maybe we can hang out later?"

Jeff shrugs.

"Maybe..."

That was the last time you saw him.

==========================

Help me pick a better picture for the cover T-T