Chapter 3

While I was asleep that night with Ratliff, I had another dream this one so much better then the one before.

~Rydel's dream~

I woke up in an unfamiliar room, I had never before seen it yet I knew exactly what it was. My husband and I's room, it was the way I would have decorated it had I been married.

I got up to see if I could figure out what was going on but as soon as I tried to move I was pulled back down by two arms snaking around my waist. When I looked down I realized they belonged to Ratliff.

I again tried to figure out what was happening "Ratliff?" But before I could actually get the question out he crashed his lips to mine. We made out for awhile but when things started heating up I pulled away. I didn't need twins!

"What's wrong? Is the baby ok?" I looked down at my stomach to see again that I was blown up like a balloon. But how did he know?

"Um yeah, I guess. But Ratliff..." This time he didn't kiss me to shut me up, he shocked me by pulling up my shirt and kissing my fat stomach.

"Baby, this is your daddy." I realized he was talking to the fetus as he whispered words against me I had to strain to hear. "I want you to know that I love you and that your mommy does too. We even got married just so you could have a good life and a perfect family." He was so sweet and loving as he talked to our child, I couldn't take it anymore, the hormones I guess, so I pulled Ratliff to me and...

~Fast forward~

Now it's the middle of the afternoon and Ell just went to get the door. I got dressed and went downstairs to see Riker and Rocky cooking dinner while Ryland "Supervised," as he called it, in the kitchen. Dad and Ell sitting in the living room eyes glued to some sports game while mom and I started talking.

"So," she asked, "How do you feel so far? I'm so glad you and Ellington are together now officially, I mean I knew you were having his kid but you just got married yesterday? How does it feel to be Mrs.Rydel Ratliff?"

"It's kind of a shock I guess but I'm having fun so far." You giggled then blushed as you said this.

"Good I'm glad," then from the other room you heard Rocky yell "So am I" Then quieter "Riker, Ryland, Ross, you each owe me 50 bucks." You laughed.

But right after that you heard a faint slapping sound and a high pitched "Ow" come from Rocky. Then Riker, "Just don't have too much fun, we don't need two kids running around this place." But I knew he was only kidding from the sound of his voice. I knew he'd love me no matter what.

~End Dream~

When I woke for real, Ratliff was still by my side, his arms snaked around my waist just like they'd been in the dream only this time he was still asleep, i was still skinny, and Ross and Rocky were taking pictures of us. I knew everything would be ok even if Riker was sitting slightly angry in the corner, but that didn't mean I was going to tell anyone anything.This secret was one was gonna keep for as long as I could.

Suddenly the bus lurched to a stop and I being about 4 weeks now had my first taste of what was sure to come, morning sickness and nausea. Yay me.