VII. Keep Running Into You

Elizabeth's POV

As the last customer left the shop, I sighed and wiped my hands off on my apron, hanging it on the small rack next to the restrooms.

"Is that it Amelia?"

"Yeah you're good Liz. Thanks so much! You survived extremely well considering the number of customers we had today. We would've died without you. I can't believe Catherine's sick. She'll probably be gone for the rest of the week and maybe even the next. I could give you a raise-"

"Don't worry about it Amelia. I like working here," I smiled.

"You're too nice Liz. Ok. Well have a good night. Be safe! It's kinda dark out right now."

"See you later Amelia! I will, don't worry."

I stepped out of the cafe and glanced up, the lights from the buildings guiding my way to the bar down the street. Only four more hours and I'll be home and sleeping on my nice and comfortable bed. I dragged my feet towards the blasting music and stench of alcohol, swinging open the doors to the bar. 

"Liz! Thank god you're here there's so many customers and a lot of them are about to get pretty pissed off - oh dear there's another one, I have to go I'm so sorry for leaving you like this. You know what to do? Great. Thanks a bunch, I owe you one!"

I was left with fifty angry customers who didn't have their order filled. Moving swiftly, I navigated through the bottles of alcohol, pouring, mixing, and cutting pieces of fruit to place on the glass. I made sure every customer was served with their correct order, a napkin, and a smile. Within fifteen minutes, I was finished, my back drenched with sweat. 

"Oh my goodness. I have no idea how you do it Liz but you are a savior. Anyways, here's the order from private room 9. Double and triple check that you get this order right - not that I don't trust you, just that these are no joking people and I don't want you to get hurt. Be careful ok?"

"Yeah. Don't worry about me."

I quickly completed the order and double checked that I had everything. Balancing the drinks on one hand, I slid open the door, an eerie silence welcoming me into the abyss of darkness. Setting the drinks on the table, I didn't dare look into any of their eyes, yet I felt the stares of all nine men burning into me.

"Enjoy," I muttered.

One of the men grabbed me by the waist and hoisted me into his lap, chuckling.

"I'll enjoy a piece of you, darling. Where do you think you're going?" 

The stench of cigarettes violated my nose and I nearly gagged in disgust.

"I'm terrible sorry sir but I have to get back to work," I struggled in his lap.

"Aweeee can't you stay a little longer dearie?" he suggested with his heavy Russian accent.

"I'm really sorry sir but I have to go-"

"You're not going anywhere sweetheart. You and I are gonna have a lot of fun tog-"

"Vladmir," a stone cold voice rang through the room.

His arms immediately loosened around me and I scampered out of his arms, only to fall into another pair. For some reason, the smell of his cologne relaxed me and I only wanted to bury my head into his chest.

"I didn't realize that was your girl Alex... My deepest apologies..."

I felt my blood run cold and I looked up, to see the familiar face I saw earlier today.

"A...Alex?"