The Wolf in Sheep's clothing

First, I must say, I'm sorry to my mother if she is reading this. I have to let my feelings out. This is how I feel about her, how I saw her, how I think about her now.

Mom. You used to be my hero, what happened?
========================

I always felt like a sheep with two ropes tied around my neck. One was tighter than the other, one was more worn out as if the rope was poorly taken cared of. The other was lose, almost lose enough to get out of, and well taken cared off.

There were two people holding each rope.

One was a woman in a Wal-Mart uniform. She was slightly over weight, hair in a bun, and always with her boyfriend. Her grip was tight and her pulling was harsh, almost like she was chocking me.

She never had food or drinks ready for me. She was always taking me out to eat, even when I'm trying to lay off a pound or two. She never had a bed ready for me. I was either sleeping in her bed towards the wall, or I was sleeping on the couch with clothes as a blanket.

Then, there was the second person.

His grip was lose and he barley pulled. He only pulled to get me away from the woman. Afterwards, he would always apologize to me and take the ropes off. He always had a bed ready for me and food with water ready as well.

The woman always spoiled me, even though I wanted to do things myself. She always did things for me. She even wanted me to live with her after I graduate.

The man spoiled me a little. He allowed me to do things on my own. He wanted me to go to CTC or even College. He wanted to see me get a job and live a life I could control.

Here I am, sitting quietly as my parents talked. Here is what I see.

I see a she-wolf, wearing sheep's clothing, while I see a ram.

I want to stay with the ram.

Because I know he won't ignore me.

I know he'll let me do things on my own.

I know he isn't a wolf, ready to strike my heart and tear me apart.

My father isn't a wolf in sheep's clothing.