Rohan x Reader: "Please"

Start from the beginning

Thoughts swirled through your mind as you handed him a cup of jasmine tea. You brought your own steaming cup to your lips, blowing gently so as to not burn yourself. He had been staring at a blank page for a while. He rarely used a pencil, but at the current moment he would quickly sketch an idea in graphite, only to erase it and redraw something else. Something must have been on his mind.

"Rohan,"

He paused, not used to you interrupting his work. But he wasn't seriously working right now, so you thought you might have a chance. He turned in his chair to stare at you grimly

"I know you'll probably refuse my offer, but Josuke and Okuyasu," He scowled at Josuke's name.

"Well, they've decided to throw a party before the end of the summer–"

"And you think I'd want to come?"

"No." You simply said. "I'm sure you'd be more content locked in your room all by yourself," you stopped yourself. That sounded wrong. "I mean, I know I certainly would..." You trailed off. He had a curious look on his face.

"The point is, everyone's coming. Koichi," you paused, trying to think of any other people Rohan didn't hate. "Tonio is catering–"

"And you'll be there?" he cut you off, yet again.

"I kind of have to go," you chuckled dryly. "Who knows, it might be fun. Or it might be that I spend the entire night reading on Okuyasu's stinky couch." You faltered. "Sorry, I just wanted to let you know–"

"I'll come." he stated firmly, looking straight into your eyes. Your mouth remained open, as you searched for the proper words to convey your shocked but amused state. You ended up laughing stupidly.

"That's wonderful!" It turned into a giggle of delight.

"But don't bother me for the rest of today. I just got the latest volume of 'Pink Dark Boy' in color, go read that on the couch." He shooed you away. You smiled as you snuggled onto the antique sofa. This might be an okay party after all.

The day arrived. You were going to be busy setting up several hours before the party (despite Josuke telling you that you wouldn't have to do anything). You had chosen to wear one of your best dresses for the occasion. The front was a bit low cut, and you felt slightly uncomfortable with the amount of cleavage you were showing. But you smoothed it out as you admired yourself in the mirror. Somehow it managed to show off your curves in the most flattering way possible. You had doubted your body would ever look good in a dress like this, but you grinned with surprise.

As you walked up to Okuyasu's house (though it looked more like a haunted mansion) the door swung open. The two high schoolers burst out simultaneously. Oku began.

"Hi (y/n)– Whoa." He faltered, a blush rising to his face. He rested one arm over his stomach as his hand came to his mouth. You looked down, laughing nervously.

"It's not the dress, is it? I don't know, I haven't been to many parties before, and I thought I should dress up. I can take it off if it's too much."

"Nonono!" Josuke countered, smiling cheekily. "It's just, really pretty." The dress really was a far cry from the dumpy rags you usually wore. And something about their reaction gave you a sense of confidence. You proceeded to set out snacks, prepare the soda, and do everything else the boys were too clumsy to handle.

Guests began to trickle in. You helped Tonio unpack his scrumptious buffet. Josuke turned up the music and started doing whatever the hell teenage boys to at parties. You rolled your eyes, but laughed. You were slightly enjoying the small excursion, but you still hadn't seen him.