Chapter 11

It was a quiet drive after our breakfast. Oliver and Hanna couldn't bring themselves to eat anything, so really it was just my aunt and me. I took the wheel since I was the only one in the proper condition to drive.

My hands were tightly gripped on 10 and 2. Driving in Europe for an American was a nightmare.

However, I managed to get everyone home in one piece.

We were carrying precious cargo after all.

Hanna and Oliver spent the rest of the day nursing a hangover.

I took the opportunity to lounge on the sofa too.

Hanna would glance at me with glazed eyes. You could tell she wanted to go for a run and drag me away from the delicious chocolate cake my aunt had baked when we'd gotten home. I offered a smug smile and a nice little wink. She rolled her eyes, resting her head back.

Man, as soon as she was well she was going to make me pay for that.

The house was quiet for the entire day to ease their headache. That is until sometime after dinner when Anders showed up at the door. Oliver and Hanna groaned at the quiet yet loud tone of his knock. He walked in greeting everyone. The hangover twins lightly raised their hands, not saying much else. My aunt welcomed him with a kiss on the cheek when he leaned over for a hug.

We excused ourselves upstairs since the hangover twins weren't in a good mood.

My aunt gave me the zero population growth look as we climbed up. As soon as we shut the door, Anders swept me up in a hug and kiss.

It sent a warm current running through me all the way down to my toes. It was crazy to me that he had that effect on me still.

"Why aren't you hungover?" I asked, running a hand through his hair.

"I drink a lot of water and spend most of the day in the bathroom." he replied.

"Wow, sexy."

"I probably shouldn't have say that you." he laughed, beginning to blush.

"You're better off having me imagine you at a nude beach instead of being pants down on the toilet."

"Just imagine the first one, always."

"What do you want to do?" I asked.

"I brought a movie."

He held up the case containing The Purge.

I really, really wanted to say that that was my favorite movie, but if I did, he'd probably think I was crazy.

He couldn't see the crazy yet.

I grabbed my laptop, hopping on the bed. I was one of the few people on the planet that actually bought the external hard drive to go with her Mac. You gotta be bougey sometimes.

We climbed into the bed, leaning up against the pillows arranged along the headboard. I placed the laptop beside Anders legs while he slipped in the disk. He opened up his arm, letting me rest my head on his chest. Once I was comfortable, he wrapped an arm around my shoulders, bringing up my free had to lay across his chest.

I reached over to press play and snuggled back into position. The opening scene began with the senator as a teenager. Anders trailed his hand up and down my arm.

I could totally pretend I was scared and I was totally going to do it.

With dainty casualness, I curled up closer to him.

Suddenly, a bubbly sound emanated from the speakers in my laptop and a window popped up.

Blake's photo sent a ax of guilt ripping through my stomach.