chapter 20

HERO POV

Nagising ako ng maramdamang wala na si Hera sa tabi ko. Anong oras na ba? I checked the time on my phone. Good grief! Its only 4am, so early for her to leave bed. Where is she anyway?

I climbed out of bed and I decided to went downstairs.

I heared Hera sweet voice as I descend the stairs. Hearing Hera's angelic voice warms my heart. She sings like a pro. I am so proud to be her boyfriend and soon I will call her my wife. But she doesn't have to know that.

I went to the kitchen and found her there. Her back is on me. I can see she's baking. She was so engrossed that she didn't noticed my presence.

I snake my hands on her hips making her startle for a moment.

"Hero! Don't do that again, you stunned me!" She glared at me.

"Sorry babe, I don't intent to startled you, why are your baking this early, you should be in bed sleeping" I said as I back hugged her.

"Well I can't sleep so I decided to bake. Did I wake you up?" She asked sweetly

"No, maybe" I said absentmindedly

She break my hugs and get two mug from the shelves.

"Coffee?" She asked me.

"Yes baby" I smiled at her.

I sit down on the chair at the dining table while she makes us coffee.

"so what did you bake?" I asked her suddenly.

"your favorite, brownies and...... Mac and cheese" she grinned as she place a cup of coffee in front of me.

"Thanks kuting" I teased her

"hey stopped calling me names! babes, baby, kuting, can we just stick to baby? Just call me baby, its feels good hearing you calling me baby" she told me

"if that's what you preferred baby, if that's make you happy then baby is it" I agreed as I pulled her into my lap.why do I love to make her sits on.my lap? Maybe because I wanted to held her close. She sits sideway so we could drink our coffee.

"Hmmp..this is good.." I said as I kiss her earlobe.

"Baby there's something I need to tell you" she said to me in weak voice. I can sense that something is bothering her. I wrapped my hands at her waist. Baby? I love her calling me that.

"What it is baby?" I said as I bite gently right her ears.

"Baby please stopped that, your distracting me!"

"Well am I now a distraction to you" I said teasingly while I kiss her cheeks.

"no, anyway I wanna say is Derrick will be here today. He will pick up the paintings." She said

"baby if its about the paintings then its fine with me, you don't need to be worry"

"No there's more baby, you see I need your permission....." She stopped as she hears the oven dings.

"permission for what baby?" I asked her with my eyebrows knitted.

"About something.. Wait I need to check the oven"

I removed my hands on her waist. She moved onto her feet to checked the oven. She open it and pulled out the brownies. She cuts some small square of brownies put it on a plate and placed it on front of me.

"So? What it is?...." I asked her again

"Eat this first and I will show you" she told me she look at the brownies in front of me.