Chapter 35, The Masked

Aiden's POV

I looked around, I needed to find Lukas. I knew it would be one of his stupid plans but this, after everyone almost killing each other? Maybe it was part of his plan... I then noticed a small hole in the wall, it wasn't too small, like Lyddea would fit in the hole easily, Lukas was half ocelot and cats have a skill to fit in small places, but there was no way I could fit...unless!

"Hey Lyd, come here for a sec!" I shouted to Lyddea who had been talking to Jess, Lyddea came over as well as Toasty.

"What's up?" Lyd asked, Toasty was already trying to shove their hand down the hole inappropriately.

"I found this hole and I think Lukas used it to escape, but you're the only one that'll fit in there." I implied to her, she nodded and looked at Toasty, who had got half of their arm stuck in the small hole in the wall. I pulled them out and Lyddea looked down it.

"Are you sure this'll be safe...?" She asked me, I shrugged and she rolled her eyes and looked back at the hole.

She crawled in and Toasty looked at me in disapproval.

"Stop. You know your just as bad of an idol." I told them, they smiled and nodded.

"Ye probably!" They replied,

I hoped Lyddea would be okay...

------------------------------------------------------------
Lyddea's POV

I crawled through the tiny hole, it was tight but not too long until the end. Not to mention all the sharp and pointy edges that lined the walls. The texture of everything was rough.

I reached the end and looked around at the new room. It was very open but there was no sign of anyone, there was this eerie silence... I didn't trust it...

I turned around and realized something.... The hole wasn't there anymore! I ran to the wall and felt around for something, but there wasn't anything. I heard footsteps behind me, and when I spun round - still shaken from the hole disappearing - I saw a masked figure... They wore a mascaraed mask that was dark, navy blue, the eyes that peered through the eye holes were bright red. They also had shoulder length hair that was black, it was at that length where you couldn't tell their gender. Not to mention the fact they wore strange clothing that also hid their gender. They didn't look armed but I still was terrified.

I was speechless as the figure stood, looking at me. I opened my mouth to talk but they placed their finger up to their lips and hushed me, not making a sound though.

All I remembered after that was blacking out....

Something was off...