°
°
°

Lunch came in no time and although I was hungry, I didn't feel like standing in long line just to get a slice of half assed pizza. So I sat at the lunch table with the people I usually sit with mindlessly thumbing through my law textbook.

"So, Maliya," I heard Aubrey clear her throat.

I lifted my head and looked in her direction. Aubrey was a nice looking girl. She was on the chubby side and I think she's biracial. Most likely Puerto Rican and Black.

"Are you and Jayven really a thing?" she pried.

Everyone at the table stopped what they had been doing to listen.

"Yeah," I said nonchalantly.

She raised her brows and smiled like she was proud of me or something then dug back into her salad.

I went back to law book and studied for a possible pop quiz next class. I was behind on studying in all my classes to be honest. I was just finishing up on page 122 when my vision went dark. Someone had placed their hands on my eyes.

"Guess who," I heard the voice of Jayven say.

I giggled and threw my head back. He removed his hands and placed a kiss on my lips. In front of everyone. I heard the "oohs" and "ahs" coming from my peers. He whispered in my ear saying that he wanted to take me somewhere. I agreed and he took my hand and we were off.

°

The way Jayven made it seem, I thought he was going to take me to the roof where a beautiful lunch awaited us and a band member he paid played a violin or something. But no. We ended up making out in a stuffy utility closet. His hands were placed firmly on my waist as he left sloppy kisses on my lips, chin, and neck. I wasn't as into it as I thought I'd be. I don't know. Maybe I'm just being ungrateful. Here I am with the most desirable guys at Cooley High, probably in the entire town, and I wasn't enjoying it. I like to kiss and what not, but he lacks this passionate and spontaneous side I adore.

"You alright?" he paused, to whisper into my face.

I nodded, biting down on my lip, "Yeah, I'm just a little paranoid."

"Don't worry," he chuckled lowly, "I do this all the time."

I drew my eyebrows together as he went back down to kiss on my neck.

°

°

I got questioning looks as I sat in Mr.Powers' class with fresh and old love bites on my neck. My mind was somewhere other than the lesson and the people whispering and staring. I had just failed my second pop quiz today and I wasn't feeling too hot. Jayven relentlessly tried to grasp my attention but I wasn't feeling him. He most likely thought I had an attitude so he moved and went over to his group of friends who received numerous warnings for being too talkative.

I rolled my eyes and put my attention on Mr. Powers as he leaned on his desk with his arms crossed giving a lecture. His muscles poked out like every other day and I noticed. He noticed my attentiveness and our gazes met. Quickly, he nodded his head in acknowledgement and returned to his lecture.

°

°

"Ms. James," Mr. Powers called out. I was almost out of the door but I decided to turn back.

"You didn't do well on today's quiz," he pressed.

"I know, that happens sometimes," I sassed.

"Yeah, but not with you."

I shook my head and looked away. I looked at the ground as he stepped towards me. I felt his warm and rather large hands find their way to my arms. I let out a breath as a feel of relief wash over me.

Tyra

I had some time on my hands so I decided to walk around school, mainly to talk teachers down to round my grades and whatnot. I was on my way to my eighth period class taught by like the hottest teacher ever, Mr. Powers. I flipped my fiery red hair and bounced towards his class. I was right outside his door and ready to walk in until I spotted the thorn that has been in my side since like forever. I moved out of sight and peeked through the door. I couldn't hear the dialogue but the convo looked hella serious. I almost got bored and walked away until I saw Mr. Powers place his hands on Maliya's arms. Then he pulled her into an embrace and I gasped, but quickly covered my mouth. An idea sparked in my head and I quickly pulled my phone out and snapped pictures of the ordeal. When I didn't think things could get better for me or worse for her, Mr. Powers boldly kissed her and she kissed him right back. I happily snapped pics of that too and headed off to the field where the football players practiced.

You may have won the battle, Maliya, but I assure you, the war is just as good as mine.

A joyous laughed erupted from my throat as I walked down the hall.

I saw Maliya's little indian friend as I turned the corner. I hate her just like how I hate Maliya and she knows it. I only hate her little ethnic ass because she doesn't like me because Maliya and I have beef. But whatever.

"Ew, witch, what are you cackling at?" she scrunched her nose up.

"Who are you calling a witch? Ho." I clapped back.

"You called yourself a witch cuz I said bitch," she rolled her eyes. "Damn your ass really is dyslexic."

"Yeah, whatever, you ignorant gypsy." I spat.

"Shut up, Typo," She flipped me off and I rolled my eyes and went back to doing what I was doing. I was going to expose Maliya for who she really is.

A dirty little slut.

°

°

°

°

Sorry guys I know I said this chapter was gonna come earlier but I had no way of writing the past few days so I guess I already took my vacation from writing. It was unintended but but I am no focused and the next chapter will be up in the next few hours. We are at the middle of the story right now so please pay close attention to subtle details and the pov changes because they will be happening more often with different characters. Thx for reading peeps and please don't forget to vote, comment, and shareee.