Emerald

A/N: Bet you didn't expect this!
Neither did I. Honestly, you should look at this as if it were a miracle. Because it is. Tried my best to edit this up, fixed any errors and stuff. Regardless a new chapter is here, hope you like it!
——
Playing card games with a thief probably wasn't the best idea, especially one that could fabricate hallucinations at will. Although, said thief was also your girlfriend and this  was one of those rare nights where you were up at the same time. So, what better way to hang out than play card games? Think of it as a date at your house with Go Fish. You had thought about sparring off against your girlfriend in a that fighting game everyone always talks about, but you once read in a dating magazine that card and board games would bond two people faster than a video game.

You didn't know if it was true or not, but you were willing to find out. Before Emerald could come home you quickly dressed up the place and yourself. You would have lit candles, provided you had any. However, since the Great Candle Fire that happened last year, you hadn't bought any since for obvious reasons. Instead you lit up the old fireplace that hadn't been used for five years because of the death of your great-grandfather.

In more ways than one the fireplace was worst than the candles, except you could cage it. Candles were, as you knew it, wildfires waiting to happen. You lit the fire last, after all, you had to make sure you looked as enchanting as the dancing flames them self and you also didn't want to start a fire because you weren't watching it. You rummaged through your wardrobe until you found an acceptable outfit to wear to this date-thing. You weren't much for fashion or going out of your way to look good, but you did want to appear decent.

The last time you saw Emerald was a week ago, her job kept her busy and to keep you safe, she often wouldn't come home for days. You wouldn't make things perfect, but you'd settle for decent. It's not like Emerald minded, she was a thief not an aristocrat. You grabbed the outfit you set out and made your way into the bathroom. You flipped on the lights and an illuminating flash swallowed the room.

When you could see again, you looked at yourself in the mirror. Your [h/c] bed hair, drowsy [e/c] eyes and your [s/c] complexion that was figuratively screaming for a shower. Since it was summer vacation, you rarely left the house and why shower if you weren't going anywhere, right? You decided to take a quick shower and then changed into a shirt with jeans. Finally it was time to fix your hair.

You arrived at the decision to go for a [f/hairstyle] hairstyle because Emerald complimented it once before you were dating. When you were ready to go, you dumped your dirty clothes in the hamper, flipped the lights off and left the bathroom. It was nearly time for her to be home, all you needed was to lay out the card game near (as in on the table not next to the roaring flames) the fireplace. As for food, you'd order pizza if Emerald was hungry. You were on a diet — consisting of junk food. Prior to getting ready you had snacked on three donuts and two [favorite cookie] cookies.

Just as you laid the cards on the table you heard the door open and close. You ran to the entrance of the house like a puppy excited that his master was home. You halted in the corridor to see a drenched Emerald standing before you. It had just occurred to you it was storming. You quickly darted off to the bathroom to fetch a towel then returned and wiped her off.

"How long has it been storming?" You asked, never realizing that there was a storm going on. You did, however, recall the forecast saying there would be rain.

"All day, when did you wake up?" She questioned, her eyes narrowing. You scratched the back of your head and barely managed to utter out a sentence.

"Uh-hm..." You woke up three hours ago, roughly around three-thirty. You couldn't tell her that after saying you wouldn't sleep in so late. So, instead of lying you changed the subject.