Chapter Eight

|Calum|

❝ you can just feel the tingles down your spine.❞

[clandestine is awesome. check it out]

***

"You will die either way Calum Hood." Rosalyn whispers in my head.

I stay silent and look at the three items before me. I wonder if any of these would help me escape or would it require my mentality?

"Choose the mirror and you will witness your death in the future. Choose the parchment and write the last letter to your loved ones. Choose the knife and you end yourself before he does. Choose wisely Calum Hood. You will die either way, you have to remember this. So I suggest you choose your preferred way of dying." 

I hate the way she's implying that there is no hope for me. I rack my brains for any possibility. For any simple idea that comes into my mind. Just a small sliver of hope.

But there is nothing.

I sigh. Perhaps Rosalyn in right. Perhaps there is no more hope for me.

"I choose the mirror."

The voice cackles at my words and he says, "Go on. Take the mirror and take a look inside it. Look at what fate has in store for you."

I count to ten and take a peek into the mirror. I am terrified of what I will see. But I need to see it. I chose it and I am positive that the moment I let go of the mirror, I will undergo whatever it is that I will see. It's better if I delay it as long as I can.

"Hurry boy."

Whatever. I cannot escape anyway. There is no more hope.

I look at the mirror. There is no sound that I can possibly utter.  

I am presented with the image of myself- lifeless might I add hung from a ceiling in a dirty room. I am covered in blood from head to toe with a knife in my hand. My face is blue and I can see the bloody rope that leads its way from my neck. My tongue is jutting from my mouth, uttering some silent cry for help.

Help that does not exist.

I cannot escape. No Calum don't think that way. You can escape. You can Cal, you can. Think of it. You can.

"I can escape." I say out loud and what happens next surprises me. 

"Nooo!!" The voice yells so loud I think my eardrums might bleed.

The image of my dead self is wiped from the surface of the shiny mirror, replaced by the bus driver. A man with a white mask on his face. Where his eyeballs are supposed to be, I can only see white. Or is it because of the absence of his pupils?

I don't think twice before reaching for the knife and stabbing the mirror right in the illusionist's eyes.

Eep! I can just imagine the horrifying image of Calum in the mirror. Can anyone give me their guesses on what will happen? The story is ending soon but I don't want to update straight tonight. thanks for the reads btw. vote and follow! ]