1. A Little Less Than Average (PART ONE)

A Little Less Than Average 

PART ONE 

1

“Go to your room Felicity!  No dinner for you!  Unless you decide to take out that ridiculous ring in your nose.”

“No dinner it is.”  I said smiling, walking to my dorm room.

My roommate Stacey was there.  She’s filled with more air than a balloon.

“Oh!  My dear Felicity!  How are ya Darlin’?”  She said with her southern bell accent.  Her blonde curls bounced as she walked over and gave me a hug.

“I get no dinner again.”

“Again?  Why can’t you just listen to the warden?  Being a good girl isn’t that bad.”  She said smiling and walking out.

I sighed and laid on my stomach on my bed.  I’m stuck here in this God forsaken all girl’s school just because my stupid stepmother hates me.

I’m a little unaverage you can say.  She had a hard time with me.  What can I say?  I have a nose ring, Lip piercing, a tattoo of the number seven on my left hip, and my hair is shockingly curly and fiery red.  I didn’t die it either.  It’s naturally like that and giving the school’s warden, Mrs. Pross, a heart attack every time she sees me. She thinks that it’s unnatural.  She yelled at me that I’m not allowed to dye it anymore and I have to let my natural color grow out.  I’m just waiting for her to figure out the truth.

I get sent to my room without dinner almost every day, and I’ve only been here a week and a half. 

Now you may wonder why.  Why do you do this to yourself Felicity?  Why don’t you just listen to the warden?  Well, my friend.  I have way too much pride for that.  Also this school is ridiculous!  Let me describe it for you.  Keep in mind I’ve only been here for a week and a freaking half.

·      In the morning everyone wakes up at around six. 

·      Put on these dresses that look like we’re a group of Amish children.

·      We actually have to go and MAKE breakfast ourselves.

·      Then we have the first class of the day: Sewing.

·      Then we go onto simple academic classes.  Nothing past average Algebra and simple English.  (why do mothers need to know more, right?)

·      Then a home ec class where we can learn how to provide good wholesome meals for our family.

·      Then we go to bed at nine o clock.

They are trying to make us into perfect little at home mommies!  Don’t get me wrong, I do want to be a mom someday, but I also was to go to college and have a freaking life!  Is that too much to ask for?  So you can see why it’s really easy for me to get in trouble. 

I heard from Stacey that every two weeks we have a little get together with the all boy’s school that’s about five miles away.  We drink tea and decide who we’re going to marry.  I find it pathetic.  We’re not allowed to date.  We have to be courted by a boy. 

I screamed into my pillow.  I managed to hide my iPod so far so Mrs. Pross can’t take that away too.  I swear this is an Amish community.

I finally dozed off, only to be woken up at six in the freaking morning!

I got up and put that stupid dress on.  I am seriously going to have to make alternations. 

I got up and looked in the mirror.  We are allowed to have a tiny bit of makeup because she still wants us to look pleasing for our future husband.