Chapter 3: Fading-Memories 第3章:フェージングの思い出

“Marie-san, no I mean Yua-san...” a voice hiding from the twisted branches of the tree was heard. “Don’t tell me you are going to make me regret everything I did to you and your family, stupid Zera Lychiwood!” the banshee lowered her voice and broke down her ferocious attack. A image of a girl appeared from the shadows and showed herself to the group. She was a clad wearing an armor and a long brown sling bag. “No way...Zera Lychiwood is here in Reitei Island? This is so unbelievable!” Rose was awed and at the same time surprised of what she saw. Keith too was also had his eyes widened up as he stared at Zera’s existence and her armor. “Zera, how come you advanced to the S-Class without me?! Hey answer me, Zera-sempai!” Rose cried in horror. Zera just gave a blank face at Rose and faced again to Yua, the banshee.

“What in the name of heaven is going on in here and why are they all crazy over that Zera-girl or something?” I wailed repeatedly. I wanna know why they’re crazy about that Zera-girl and stuff! Whatevz. “Eh, You see, Zera Lychiwood is one of the strongest employees in ‘the game’ and she is the youngest S-Class Mage since she started at the age of 6 and turned into an S-Class mage at the age of 8. Well, she learns fast and is analytic in many ways” Ms. Santos answered with a smile on her face. Well, back to the point, we were all facing this dangerous enemy. 

“Give it up, Yua. Just surrender to Mr. Browns and you will not be exterminated ahead of time.” a relaxed Zera explained to Yua. “Ha! That’s just a trick, fools! You’ll just cage me up, sentence me and kill me! That’s what you do to those who are converts or who betrayed that job thingy!” Yua had hurled a lot of trash talk at Zera but Zera still remained calm and reserved, not letting the lines drop out in place. “Well, we’ll have to settle our accounts through this.” and she took something out of the pocket. She fished out a slingshot and a blue-colored pill. “See this thing, Yua?” Zera asked while twirling the objects at her hand. Yua just stared at the said object. “You will regret everything you did to everyone in ‘the game’, Yua!” and now, she was already facing at me. *shivers* 

“Would you mind opening your mouth, Regina?” Zera asked me and I just did as what she told me. I’m afraid what she’s going to do...she indeed shot the pill through my mouth. “Argh!” I screamed in horror. “Y-your right e-eye, R-regina! T-the color!” Keith pointed at it and handed me a pocket mirror. “Wait a sec...why did my eye turn into this?!” I grogged angrily as I hurled some stones at her. Unfortunately, Zera dodged them all. “Why...you...!” I grew a lot of anger on my head. “Whoa, wait a minute! Let me explain the details to you!”

Zera first took a deep breath and replied in a calm and refined manner, “As you can see, I shot a pill at your mouth. The pill you swallowed a while ago was ‘ZLXF-206482 pill’ or the power boost pill. It has a lot of side effects but this one is a rare side effect. Normally, the side effect of the said pill are namely energy drain, dizziness, discoloration of the skin, and traumatization. But I never expect that my experimental pills can have a side effect on your eye. Interesting.” 

“What do you mean by interesting? I don’t know what will happen to me if I’ll go back to Meridian Institute!” I cried. “Ah, about that, don’t worry. These pills are experimental and those side effects are temporary but it takes about a week to wore off those side effects.” Zera professionally explained. In fact, I have gushed a lot of imaginary nosebleeds right now. Can someone give me an imaginary tissue paper for me? I’m going crazy.