Chapter 2: Delusions-Premonitions-Apparitions 第2章:妄想 - 予感 - 妖魔

“Okay. This will be your very first job, Employee: MRMF-2561076.” Mr. Henry handed out a virtual file and some news clips about a haunted swamp and an evil creature lurking beneath the surfaces of the swamp’s waters. Probably, it is a female banshee. Find out for yourself and eliminate it immediately.” and the projection of Mr. Henry on screen vanished. “Now what? I’m just a rookie in this job and they assigned me to this job immediately.” I exclaimed out loud, not knowing on what to do. “Its okay. We beginners before experienced given tasks like those. Anyway, your task is kinda easy.” Keith braggingly replied. “Why do you think highly of yourselves and you could just get away by letting people fit on your shoes?” and as I said that, I ran away from the group and went to the ground level of the school area. I can’t stand looking at those idiots thinking proudly and high of themselves...I can really feel it.

Time skip @ Meridian Dormitory--- Well, after class, most of the students have dorm rooms. So, we always went to Meridian Dormitory Building to take shelter and rest before summer break gets rolling again. As I went inside, I saw Sheila typing something on her laptop. Yep, I rolled my eyes annoyingly at her and said “What the heck are you doing anyway? Besides, there will be an assignment on Physics!” but she ignored those and continued typing. Sheesh... Is this because of what I said at the basement? Never mind... I’ll just answer my assignments and tasks for tomorrow’s class and after that, there was TOTAL SILENCE.

“Uh...bestie, can I talk to you for a minute? Its about that Japanese transfer student, I mean...Keith.” Sheila asked me and I replied sarcastically, “Well, I’ll be counting! 59...58...57--” but she rolled her eyes at me, just like what I did to her and said, “Hey bestie, I’m dead serious, y’know.”

“Oh well, what is it? Hurry, 39 seconds left!” I replied and grinned like a total idiot at her. “Well, Ms. Santos recommended and asked the principal if Keith Hibara will be moving in the dorm, basically, in our dorm room.” Sheila reported with a frown. I noticed that she was out of the blue so I asked, “So, whats the point if Miss Santos is asking the principal that Keith will be moving in Meridian Dormitory?” “Uh...I guess I can’t really say its a good news or a bad news for your opinion...its just that, the reply of the principal keeps bugging me all the time.” and now, her reply was a shaky one. “Oh, 10 seconds left.” I reported sarcastically. “And you know what... The answer of the principal to Miss Santos recommendation was a... YES.” O.O *blink, blink*

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!” I furiously screamed at the top of my lungs. “You m-mean, that one hell of a b-bitch will be our new dorm mate?! That’s ridiculous!” I screamed at her again. Sheila took a good look at me on the eye and said, “Oh well, there’s nothing we could do about that. BTW, he’ll be here in any minute in the dorm.” “Fuck...I mean...curse this stupid destiny of mine! I wish I didn’t meet that Keith all along, I wish I didn’t join that freaking job and I wish that stupid Keith didn’t enroll in Meridian Institute!!” After yelling those words out loud, I heard a bang coming from our door... Could that be, KEITH?!

“Seriously, you really have the guts to say those at me? After saving you from that monster and that’s what all you have got to say?” 

A voice was heard enough for the both of us to hear. It was clearly Keith’s voice. I was all flamming with madness and I was about to punch him, at the face to be exact...when he did something to me.