The One With the Cup

Chapter 44 The One With the Cup

...

Morgana had another nightmare tonight. I wish I could tell her what they truly were, but Gaius made me promise not to.

I overheard him talking to Morgana last night and he right out refused to admit that it was visions she had, but she's starting to suspect, especially after the episode with Arthur and Sophia.

I'm not sure what I will do if she realises her powers.

...

"Morgana," Merlin called out just as she was about to leave the bedroom. She stopped by the door and turned around to face Merlin who still sat in the bed with the cover around his legs, his torso bare like usual and she had to work hard to look at his face.

"What is it?" She frowned when she saw his torn expression and walked over to sit at the edge of the bed and reached out to take his hand in hers.

"It's Harry." Merlin looked up at her with puppy-dog eyes.

"What about him?" She smiled at him and squeezed his hand, trying to calm him down.

"As you know, I tried to find the other three Horcruxes yesterday before we destroyed the medallion..." He paused and looked down at their entwined hands.

"Yes," She urged him on, wondering where this conversation was going.

"I wasn't able to pinpoint an exact location for them, not yet anyhow," He looked up at her. "All except for one."

"But that's great." She beamed at him. "Where is it so we can go and get it?"

"It's not that simple." He shook his head and rubbed his free hand over his face.

"Why?" She was staring to get really concern now.

"I found its location yesterday when I searched for them, down in the basement." He swallowed hard before continuing. "It's a fourth Horcrux, Morgana." He croaked out. "Morgana... It's... It's Harry."

"W-wha... h-how?" She stuttered, completely taken aback.

"I think it happened the night he tried to kill Harry when he was a baby." Merlin said quickly, apparently relieved to have gotten it of his chest. "The curse was deflected back at him and a piece of his soul broke off; he had already made the other six Horcruxes so it was vulnerable; and it attached itself to the only living thing in the vicinity... Harry."

"Why didn't you say anything last night?" Morgana said in a calm voice, she wasn't accusing him but she wanted to know.

"Because I don't know what to do." He cried out and burrowed his face into her shoulder. She wrapped an arm around him and rubbed her hand up and down his arm slowly.

"It's okay, Merlin, I understand." She kissed the top of his head and with a big sigh; he raised his head again and jumped of the bed.

"I have done some research about it before, and the only way to get rid of a Horcrux inside a living host is to kill the host." Merlin said as he put on some clothes. Morgana tried to avert her eyes but it was difficult, and in the end she gave in and stared openly at him which made him blush when he noticed.

"We need to find some other way." Morgana said and stood up.

"I know." Merlin wrapped his arms around her and she leaned in to the embrace. "I will try and ask Snape about it, he knows more about Dumbledore's plan than I do."

"Good." She leaned back and smiled up at him. "No need to worry the others about it until we know more."

"Agreed." Merlin smiled back and captured her lips in a passionate kiss, and then he leaned back and smirked at her.