5- Prom Time

Chapter 5... Prom Time!

Today was the big day. My graduation had arrived. Once I left the school I wouldn't need to come back ever. I had passes in all my exams. Leah was top of the year with me coming a close behind her.

Mum, Dad, Adam, Alyse, Luke and Robyn came to see my graduate. I had to have special robes made for me. I mean how many people graduate from high school pregnant with triplets? Leah made the speech for the year group since she had came top. She had really thought about what she was hoing to say and it turned out beautifully, especially the ending:

"We all can do anything we want to but life has a habit of throwing things in your way. Smart people can get past these things- but not everyone can. It takes real guts and intelligence to. I hope that you all get into the colleges you applied for and in the not so distant future fall in love with the person of your dreams but when you do, I would like you to remember that you wouldn't of got through high school without everyone single person here supporting you- none of us would. Thankyou.

Everyone clapped and cheered. Robyn even started laughing- god she was a happy child!

After I received my diploma, Luke surprised me by taking me to have a prom dress specially made for my prom- well it had to since I was pregnant with triplets.

At first I didn't want to go to prom but Luke had convinced me.

*Two Weeks Before*

"Listen Luke I don't want to go. I'll look so fat! And what about Robyn. I hate having to ask our parents to always look after especially after me and moms fight!" I told Luke.

"Listen Robyn can come with us, I check with your headmaster and you will look beautiful. You'll be the prettiest girl in the room by far except maybe for Robyn. You'll be kicking yourself forever if you don't go. I mean, how many times do you get to go to your high school prom? Huh?"

Luke was always so supportive of me. He knew exactly what to say to make me feel special. He knew how to convince me to do things as well. He could always say the right things to put a smile on my face.

*Present Time*

I had finally picked a dress I liked. It was long but for some reason made my baby bump a lot smaller. It was deep purple with ruffled detail from my shoulder to my opposite hip.

Robyn's dress was white with a ribbon around her waist, just before the dress began to puff out. The ribbon was the same colour as my dress and Luke's bow tie.

Luke kept telling me I looked beautiful but with a month until the triplets due date, I knew I looked like a whale!

We got our dresses and Luke bought his suit and went home. I stuck rollers in Robyn's blonde hair- I know, call me old fashioned but I think they work so much better than a curling wand- and curled little strands of my hair. I did my make up and put a little eyeshadow and lipstick on Robyn as if I didn't, she would try to herself.

Soon it was time to put our dresses on. My dad came over on his own -seeing as mom and I weren't talking still- to take photos. Robyn was more than happy to play for the photos, posing this way and that.

"She's going to be a heartbreaker when she's older Luke. She already likes to look pretty for the camera." I said giggling at Robyns attempt of pouting.

"I know." Luke replied. "I'll just have to get a big stick at the door. "

Leah met us at the prom along with her date Kie. She had a short blue dress on that had sequins up to the halter neck. Robyn held my hand walking in. She looked at me with a worried expression on her face. She wasn't too good around a lot of strangers but after a minute she would be fine. I just smiled back to make her feel better. It was strange seeing her scared, normally she outgoing and chatty but she looked so cute in her matching dress.

As soon as we got in there. Robyn relaxed and began dancing with all my friends. My friend Warren was dancing with her on his feet and I just had to take pictures. She was already a hit with the boys it didn't matter that they were 16 years older than her!

Our little girl was growing up but was she ready for the triplets coming? I didn't know how she would react to not being the center of Luke and I's attention. She could be a right terror when she wanted to be. I guess I would just have to wait and find out.