4- Life Is Full Of Surprises

Chapter 4... Life Is Full Of Surprises

We had already told our families that I was pregnant but today Luke, Robyn and I were going to the doctors so we could find out the sex of the baby and then go shopping for it. I was already showing more than I had been with Robyn at full term and had began to worry that something was wrong with it.

Unlike most couples we had decided to wait a bit- until I was six months pregnant to find out the sex. I don't know why it just seemed right to wait. There was only a couple of people in the waiting room so it didn't take us long to be seen,

"Ella Bond" the nurse called out into the waiting room.

We all got up and went through and the nurse gave me a gown to change into.

"Hello Ella, Luke. Oh and this must be little Robyn. How you feeling today? Well let's get this ultrasound done then so you can see this baby. Are you interested in knowing the sex?" Dr Davis said while putting the cold gel on my tummy.

"Yes please doctor" Luke and I both said in unison.

She laughed. "This little one is a boy..."

"Yes I told you so Ella! " Luke shouted at me.

"Hang on." Dr Davis said. "Baby number two is another boy and baby number three is a girl. I'm about nighty percent certain."

"We're having triplets!" I shouted.

"Ella, you didn't know. It's been off your notes for months.

"No! That's more stuff and more money. Oh my god." I said as tears ran down my cheeks.

Luke drove us to my parents house so we could drop Robyn off before we went shopping and tell them the sex obviously.

"Mum, dad we found out the sex today." I told my parents once we had arrived.

"Oh good so am I to have another granddaughter or a grandson?" My mum asked, getting Robyn's toys out.

"Well we are having two boys and a girl. We only found out today that they're triplets." Luke said for me. Robyn was on his knee playing with her dolly.

"Wow congratulations hunny" My dad could always stay calm unlike my mother.

"Triplets! Ella sometimes you can't look after Robyn, how you going to look after four of them! For god sake Ella why did you have to get pregnant again so soon? Robyn's only two." My mum shouted. Luke covered Robyns ears but she still burst into tears.

"Well thanks for your support mum!"

Alyse had come and taken Robyn upstairs. Mum stormed off out the house and I left and went to Adams room leaving Luke with dad.

"Hey little sis wanna hug? You have to stay strong and look after your kids. Don't listen to mum she's in a foul mood." Adam said to me.

"You can say that again."

"But I didn't hear what's the gender of the baby- are you sure your only six months pregnant? It's just you seem a bit further on than that."

"Yes I'm definitely only six months but with triplets. There's two boys and a girl. That's why mum stormed out. "

"That's brilliant Elle. I'm so happy for you and Luke. You're a brilliant mum to Robyn and your gonna be a brilliant mum to the triplets as well. Mum's just being mum. She can't except that her kids don't need her anymore." He told me.

"Im already 27 weeks that means I only have roughly five to seven weeks to get the room ready. We have only just moved into our new house. It's more stressful than when I moved when Robyn was born."

*Two years before*

"Luke! Luke! Mum, have you seen Luke?" I shouted from my bedroom.

We were moving into our own apartment. Robyn had just turned one month but there wasn't enough space at my mum and dads house.

I had finished packing up my room and Robyn's stuff while Luke had been unpacking at the apartment. Boy, for one month old she had a lot of stuff.

It was only a fifteen minute walk back to my mum and dads house but I would still miss them. Luke went back to work next week so we were trying to be moved before then. But every time I tried to finish something Robyn would begin to cry and need attending to.

*Present Time*

Luke, Adam and Drake had started painting our new house and putting in the furniture. I kept trying to help but they wouldn't let me.

"Elle you're 28 weeks pregnant with triplets. Go sit down before you stress yourself and the babies." Luke would say.

Robyn was being an angel through out the move. She was getting a bigger room, a new bed and there was a walk-in wardrobe for all her clothes.

There would also be a room for all the triplets and when they got older, our other daughter could have a room of her own and the boys could share.

Just thinking about it made be tired.

Luke had finished sorting out our bedroom so I grabbed Robyn and cuddled up to her on the bed. She thought it was funny when the babies kicked and kept laughing. I put the princess and the frog dvd on the tv and we both cuddled up under the covers soon to quickly fell asleep.