▼ Chapter One - Oh, my god! I'M DEAD?!

Start from the beginning

"Hey Jess, will your parents be okay with you being out late? Its already eight thirty, and you know your curfew is nine.." I asked, my brows creased and my voiced heightened with concern.

"Nah, I'll be fine. We won't take that long, the restaurant is just around the corner... I'll be fine, honest!" She gave a small smile as she spun me around pushed me through the door marked GIRLS. "Hurry and get changed. I'll wait for you outside with the guys."

My bare feet padded the cold changing room floor, the green grainy floor sparkled with flecks of glitter. UGH! Can't they clean up after themselves? I thought to myself as I tugged my black belt loose and took off my white robe. I sat on the wooden bench and tugged on my pants, shoving my feet through the legs, and stood up. I jumped, and with one hard yank I pulled on my skinny jeans, and zipped and buttoned then. I pulled out the navy and white striped t-shirt from my backpack. While pulling it over my head the door burst open, followed with high pitched laughter.

"EW! There's a guys in the girl's changing room... oh wait, its just Anya!" Stacey barked, as she saw me in the middle of pulling my shirt on.

"It's Avania," I replied

Her long, sleek ponytail whipped around lightly as she headed towards her stuff. She looked at me with disgust and shook her head. "Oh my God! You're like, seventeen, and you still wear a crop top? Doesn't your mother buy you the right stuff? Oh wait, your mum's dead, right? That's probably why you're such a man!" Victoria giggled as she followed behind Stacey.

I gritted my teeth and spat, 'It's not my mum's fault for dying from an illness, and it's not my dad's fault either. I doubt they would know how hard it is to look after a child and work at the same time." I glared at them with blurred vision as tears pricked my eyes. I yanked my hoodie on and kicked on my converse, making my way out as quick as I could. I heard the girls laugh behind me.

I stopped at the girls toilets, pushed the door aside and rushed in, as tears slid down my cheeks. I pulled tissues out of the dispenser, scrubbing the tears vigorously. I splashed cold water on my face to calm myself down and studied my reflection.

My brows have grown thick, dangerously attaching in the middle, and angry spots dotted my forehead. My thick, murky brown hair fell messily out of it's braid. I pulled the band loose and retied it into a pony tail with soft waves spiraled down my back. Dark blue eyes blinked back at me as I dabbed my face dry and went to meet the others.

--

"Yo, Av! What do you want?" Chase asked me, his head peeked out the top of the large menu.

"Um. I'm fine. You guys go ahead, I'm not hungry...erm, maybe I'll just have a Coke" I said, fidgeting with my napkin.

"Great, so two Cokes. I'm not having anything as well." Chase replied handing his menu to Dev, who was busy staring at his phone through the black hair that covered his eyes.

"I want ice cream!" Jess sang, like an enthusiastic little girl

"I want mint," The blond said, as his spiked hair poked out over the top of the menu. He lowered his menu to look at Jess and squinted his blue eyes as he smiled at her.

"Copy cat." Jess hissed, as she stuck out her tongue.

"Well, Av...How does it feel winning three times in a row?" Chase questioned, staring at me from across the rounded table.

"Good, I guess." I shrugged, unable to answer his question wholeheartedly. The guys ordered what they wanted from the waitress, and two minutes later she returned with our cokes and placed one in front of me. The ice bobbed in the fizzing liquid and the condensation slid down the side of the glass. I held it up to take a sip as tiny water droplets popped up and hit my face.