Chapter 44

The loud honk of the air horn signalled for the candidates to start running, some weaker werewolves got trampled, Jess went over and helped up the poor cubs with some other medics to see if they were badly injured.

The other werewolves raced down the track and turned down past the seats, Aaron bolted past person by person, everyone was shocked that a human was that fast.

Soon they came across a hill, they ran up it and skidded down, there were some next amongst the dirt tangling a 5th of the people. Aaron was neck and neck for 2nd.

Soon he took over becoming 2nd. suddenly some tripped him causing him to drop face first into a mud puddle "Give up dork!" yelled a guy who sped past, about 22 people raced past him before he stood back up.

He ran forwards to see a large gate blocking everyone, some were trying to climb it but either was pulled down or fell off. Aaron smirked and leapt up stepping on the heads and shoulders of the werewolves, he jumped onto a side gate and flipped over the gate becoming first.

Aaron ran around a corner to see the track again, he sped around and looked back to see about 10 other people. he crossed the line making him first, after about 5 minutes all the people that hadn't backed out had finished.

"Great!" Jess exclaimed, one by one people were eliminated. Jess had done a quiz about werewolf culture which Aaron and 4 other people passed.

It was the final race, once again everyone was lined up and with a bang of a fake pistol they went off, they didn't use the horn Becuase someone had chewed it to bits.

Everything was going fine, people backed out of the race because it was too hard or that they hurt themselves and soon only 9 people remained.

Aaron looked over to see Ian, he was concentration and this was the one this Aaron wanted to do, beat Ian. Ian was a good guy but all he wanted was to be Alpha.

Soon a large wall came up, no dips or dents were on the wall. Aaron stopped about 3 meters away and sprinted at it, he saw Ian leap up and catch the small hook at the top. he climbed up and smiled.

Aaron leapt up and tried grabbing the edge but missed. suddenly he felt something on his wrist, he looked to see Ian holding him up by the wrist "You're a good guy right?" he asked, Aaron, nodded "You will take care of Jess?" and Aaron agreed again. Ian smiled.

He helped him up onto the platform "Good" he smiled, "Don't make me regret this" he nodded. They slid down the ramp and ran down. about 2 other people were trailing behind them.

The guy from before who seemed to have a huge grudge against Aaron was just behind them. As Aaron was concentrating he saw the guy bolt past him and grab Ian by the tail, he threw him to the ground making him hit a tree

Aaron ran over to him and helped him up "Aaron... why? you can win" Ian said, Aaron slung his arm around his shoulder "frankly if Jess accepts that guy as Alpha she's insane" Aaron laughed.

They watched as the guy ripped through the ribbon and won the race, Aaron and Ian crossed the line limping slightly. "Ha! I knew a weak human could beat a mighty werewolf like me" the guy boasted "Oh your mighty alright" Jess spoke, "Mighty egotistical" she smirked.

"It is official that Ralf has won the competition," Jess said signalling to the guy who fists pumped the sky. "But..." she spoke "I wasn't mainly looking for strength who 'who wins the race'" she smirked "I was lookign for an Alpha who would sacrifice winning for helping a fellow pack member and you two were the only ones who did that" Jess said to Aaron and Ian.

"So I have decided!" she called "The new Alpha male will be..." the crowd waited in anticipation. "Ian! and Aaron!" she smiled. the crowd cheered and she smiled to them "Welcome to the pack" she smirked and the howling crowd howled with joy.