Chapter 5

The next day during lunch Jess and her friend were sitting at their table, They were laughing and talking "You were actually awesome!" exclaimed Travis as they were talking about the battle between Ivy and Jess.

"She can't help it, she's just naturally awesome like her bro," Jin said giving her a side hug with his left arm, "This is just a question" Jess started.

Jin looked at her "What?" he questioned "How are we blood-related if you're not the son of Thor or Irene?" she questioned, Jin let out a laughed, "I'm not your blood brother, in the group somone had to act as the brother figure and I was chosen for that role" he explained.

Jess nodded signalling that she understood what he was saying. As they talked Jess looked over her friends, in the corner of her eye she saw Ivy, she was sitting next to a bush by herself crying, her blue lunch box on her lap as she cried into her hands.

Jess looked at the girl with sympathetic eyes, Adam looked over where she was looking "Don't feel sorry for her" Adam said sternly "For who?" questioned Laurence "Ivy" growled Lucinda, Laurence rolled his eyes "Screw her" Max said as he crossed his arms giving her a death glare "Even though she's crying I'd have to agree, she did horrible things to us" Kiki sighed.

The group looked at the girl, "She threatened our lives and used her powers irresponsibly, she should have weighed the risks before acting"Jin said, Jess looked at the girl, she wasn't listening to what her friends were saying, she felt a tight pain in her chest.

"It's sad, she could have been a great person" Dante sighed as he turned back continuing his conversation with Travis.

After a while, Jess looked back over to Ivy, she saw Sasha and Michi creeping up behind her with a cup full of pink smoothly in Sasha's hand. Jess watched as they got closer and closer.

Jess got up quickly, the cup started to tip but before it was spilt on her Jess kick the cup into the garden out of Sasha's hand, Ivy looked up from the ground in shock, "Leave her alone" she growled, Sasha and Michi looked at Jess in shock before running back to their table.

Jess wiped the pink sludge off her shoe until Ivy spoke, "You didn't need to do that" she said shyly, "You don't deserve to be treated like that" Jess said as she crouched next to her and placed her hand on her shoulder, "But I nearly killed you, I tried to kill you" she cried with tears "That's not a good enough excuse for someone to be excluded" she said back.

Ivy looked at the girl in shock "No one deserves to be alone" she said, she flashed Ivy a happy smile. Ivy grabbed Jess and wrapped her arms around her chest giving her a warm embrace/hug. Jess hugged back as she felt Ivy's tears drip on her shirt.

"Wanna sit with me?" Jess asked pulling away from her, she looked up at her and nodded with tears in her eyes. Jess lead her to her table, as Ivy sat next to Jess her friend's death glared Ivy "Why is she here?" questioned Laurence in an angry tone.

"She doesn't deserve to be alone," Jess said hugging her, "True" Kiki smiled, "My name is Emmalyn, I'd love to learn about your powers" she smiled as she shook hands with Ivy.

Soon everyone was smiling and talking with Ivy, it was like she was a completely different person from last week. Laughter filled the table as everyone was smiling.

~later~

As Jess was leaving the school she felt someone tug at her shirt sleeve, she turned around and saw Ivy looking down in shame "Oh! Hey, Ivy! What's up?" jess asked facing her.

Ivy had a long pause like she was trying to find the words to say something, "I'm sorry" she finally said, "I'm sorry for what I did and tried to do to you" she apologised.

"And after all of that you found a way to except me," she said with tears in her eyes, "what I'm trying to say is" she paused, "Thank you and sorry," she said giving Jess one last hug before running out the school.

Jess stood there, at the gate of the school baffled about what just happened, she looked up and towards the way Ivy just ran and smiled her happy and signature smile so the world could see.