XLVIII

Like I said, it started to rain. And I was drenched. But I finally made it to Privet drive and stood at the top of the street. After a moment of taking everything in, I continued to walk in the rain puddles and downpour, until I approached my destination.

I rang the door bell.

And waited.

And waited.

The door opened, and thankfully, it was Harry who answered. I couldn't have been more happier.

"Who is it?" Harry's uncle, Vernon, called from the living room.

"Um.." Harry said, lost for words.

Harry couldn't find anything to say so he closed the door behind him.

"Willow? What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I got picked up from Kings Cross...my uncle and cousin set me off and I left."

"What do you mean...you 'left'"?

"They stopped the car and I walked about eight blocks to get here," I lightly chuckled.

Harry raised his eyebrows.

"Listen Harry, you don't happen to know any place I could- wait! Oh gosh I'm an idiot," I laughed and shook my head.

"Sorry, but what now?" He chuckled.

"The Leaky Cauldron! I'll stay there until the Weasleys invite me in!" I smiled as I started to walk down the driveway.

"Willow, w-wait!" He called.

I turned around.

A look of sadness and sorrow was painted on his face as he stood there.

"A-at least stay here. Just until the rain goes away. Just...stay the night here. Please I insist." He said.

"But your-"

"I know, I know. Just..." He said as he thought.

"Just hide in the garage until they go to bed. Then I'll invite you in my room. Okay?" He asked.

"Alright," I said as I rushed up to Harry and hugged him, "thank you, Harry,"

He tried to hug back, but it was obvious he didn't want to get wet.

"Anytime, Willow." He said.

Harry opened the door and quickly let me in, and quickly led me to a door that led to the garage.

"Who was that, boy?" Vernon spat.

"N-no one. I tried to look for them but-"

"If no one was there, you don't go on a search quest for them, Potter!"

"Okay," Harry replied and rolled his eyes as he turned the light on for me.

"I'll come get you in an hour or two. Okay?"

I nodded.

He nodded and closed the door.

~*~

I was cold.

Freezing.

Shivering.

Hungry.

Sore.

Exhausted.

And I was only in a garage.

No blankets or any warmth for me to seek.

It's been about two and a half hours and no one has come yet.

Until now.

The door creaked open and Harry peeked his head in.