"Touch him and I'll kill you!" I snarled, baring my teeth as I clenched my hands around his throat. He made a choking sound, glaring up at me and trying to grab at me, but I bit into his hand, making him howl. He managed to wedge his knee between us and shoved me back, but I just came back.

I grabbed the front of his shirt and slammed my head into his. I ignored the throbbing pain and blood running down the sides of my nose as I slammed Nythara into the floor where he moaned, reaching up to grasp his forehead.

I looked up to see Remi slamming his foot into Luc's ribcage. Luc was struggling to grab his leg and bring him down, but I stomped on his wrist. He gasped and let go of Remi's ankle and I kicked his hand away before getting between him and Remi, pushing my hands on Remi's chest.

"Remi, that's enough." I commanded. Remi was fuming. I could feel the waves of heated anger pouring off him like a tsunami, his muscles bunched and a vein throbbing in his throat.

"It's not enough! I'm going to kill them!" He fumed.

"They're your family!" I protested in surprise, but Remi shook his head angrily.

"No! They are no family of mine! My family would never harm you! They would never do anything to prevent you from being happy!" He snarled. I winced, but kept my fists against his chest for a second to keep him at bay before I put my arms around his torso tightly, digging my heels into the ground.

"Don't waste your time with insects! If you hate them so much, they don't exist to you anymore, Remi! They're already dead to you. Please, stop. You've done enough..." I let my voice trail as Remi very slowly relaxed. His muscles were still tensed and his glare was still fierce, but he wasn't struggling against my hold anymore.

"Leave," Remi ordered at last, looking at his uncle and cousins while pulling me into his arms tightly, "Never come back, never show me your faces again. Should you do so, I won't hesitate next time to rip you into pieces. Stay away from me and stay away from my mate."

Nythara, his face bloody, glared at us hatefully.

"You have made an enemy of us, Remi Black. You should never have disobeyed me. You're a shame to your father's name." He sneered.

"My father once told me that love is power. I believe I have that now and I have the power to say no. Get out. Never return. Right. Now." Remi responded icily. Nythara struggled to his feet, stumbling a little as he tried to get Remi to his feet.

Zaid and Scythe had easily pinned Seven down as Sylvian had backed off to watch them. They backed away from Seven, who surprised me by glaring at everyone before he shoved past Zaid and Scythe, heading out the door. Sylvian gave me one last painful look before running out after his brother.

Nythara had to lift Luc into his arms because the amount of blood lost had left him unconscious. I gripped Remi tightly as Nythara slowly made his way out, his grip on Luc tight. He paused in the doorway like he was going to turn back and say something, then thought better of it before heading out.

Scythe slammed the door shut behind him, then leaned against it and looked at Zaid, who gave him a tired stare.

"When are you leaving?" Zaid asked after a while.

"Right now." Remi stated and let go of me to head upstairs and grab whatever he left. I blinked, caught off guard for a second before I bolted after him.

"Wait, right now? Don't you want to let your sisters and brother know?" I asked, rushing to catch up with him as we walked into the room.

"I don't want to talk to them at all." Remi responded. I grimaced, watching him jerk things out of the wardrobe and toss them in the duffel bag he'd brought inside with him.