Athena | The Blood Sacrifice {5}

If there was one thing Athena knew about Kali, it was that she was a lover of theatrics

From her dramatic makeup and clothes to her eccentric behavior, Kali was definitely a goddess of many masks.

Another thing Athena knew about Kali, was her immense intelligence and wit, something she could not undermine no matter how much she'd like to.

Athena saw the way her eyes shifted towards her side of the line when Raven entered the hall. Her ability to understand everyone's emotional shifts was a power Athena herself was envious of; it was a power that could start wars or end them, depending on how one used it.

Kali was smart though, she saw the entire situation from all angles before she herself entered the battlefield.

That was what she was doing now as well.

Kali's strong bond with Bast was formidable. The two of them were legends of war in varying aspects. All of the goddesses gathered in this hall were, but they... they redefined war.

Kali knew something about Raven, and another goddess, whether it be Freya, Pachamama, or Mazu (goddesses in the direction of Kali's glance), who may have met the girl previously.

Athena pondered what actually took place just moments before in this very hall, but was shook out of her trance by Bast's menacing hiss.

Death was examining each of their reports and whether or not they had completed their agreement to the best of their ability, so much so that the goddess may be released from their deal with Death, although the chances of such an event were little to none.

Athena tuned back into the ongoing conversation between Bast and Death, "Bast, your contract will not be fulfilled by me, due to your inability to meet me when I've asked for you. I believe you are aware that I have completed my end of the deal, and Ra has effectively called you back in order to fulfill your duty as the Eye of Ra, however, you have not satisfied my requests of you for however long this agreement has been standing."

"It is not my fault if there were other matters for me to attend to whenever you call upon me, Your Highness," she hissed with scorn, her eyes flashing with an auburn fire while her claws sheathed and unsheathed themselves furiously.

The room was left in an uncomfortably tense silence until Death responded, "The agreement is still unfinished, and I have completed my part seamlessly. Now, Athena, I believe it's time for us to review our agreement."

Athena was still watching the tufts of fur that were starting to poke out of Bast's golden skin as she replied, "Yes, it is."