Chapter 55: Lost Battles

Start from the beginning

More people. I felt more people on the island. "More people are here." I say mostly to myself. Her breathing got worst. A heard something from behind me and I quickly shift into a bird and perch on a branch.

It was ... Rumpelstiltskin. Something big is definitely happening. I quickly fly back to Tink's, alarmed.

"Tink!" I call as soon as I enter the house. "Tink something is happening."

I settle down and tell her of what I saw and the information I gained.
"You left her for dead?" She asked while pouring the tea.

"Tink please-"

"It's just, I wouldn't think you would let a person die."

"I don't need a lecture." I said with a hint of annoyance. She lifted her hands in defense. "Okay, okay."

"More are to come, Tink. What will we do?" I ask quickly.

Tink chuckled. "You almost seem exited, Wendy?" She brought the hot tea up to her lips and lightly blew.

"Can you blame me? I've spent...far too long with no adventure."

"I'm sorry that my company isn't exiting enough for you?" She said playfully.

I gave a soft smile, but couldn't find myself to wholeheartedly laugh with her.

"And who knows? Maybe, someone knows how to get me off this island." I said looking down into my cup.

Her smile fell as well. "And by someone you mean Rumpelstiltskin?"

I look up with a sigh. "Yes."

"He always has a price, Wendy-"

"I know, I know. I just can't stand another century on this island. No matter how lovely you are." I try to lighten the mood.

"And who knows, maybe you could come too?"

"You know I'm bound to this island-"

"Yeah, by guilt." I say a little frustrated.

"You should know more than anyone that guilt is far more powerful than magic. It's emotion. And that's something you can never change. Not with a spell or a cure, nor a savior."

She brought up my secret. It was almost like an inside joke that we never spoke up. She was the only person who knew, and the only person I trusted.

"Well I believe in you Tink." I say placing my hand over hers for a moment. I then feel a little tug on my heart as I remember the details of my little adventure today.

Tink noticed and asks, "What else is it Wendy?"

"Well, I saw Felix today. For the first time in...too long."

She froze for a second. She wasn't really good when it came to emotions, and god knows I've got plenty of them.

"Did he see you?" She asked after a second.

I bowed my head down. "No. But, it was just weird. I just hope whatever Pan has planned, that the Lost Boys will be okay."

"Oh, they'll be fine. Their bloody Lost Boys." I looked up at her and gave her a smile. She was right. Because even though Pan can be their very end, he can also be their hero. They just choose to ignore everything else and see the good in him.

I guess that's the beautiful thing in the Lost Boys, they believe in Pan with every part of their being. Pan can do no wrong, and never fails. It's their way of living.

"I guess I'll have to take a look at these visitors in the morning."

~~~

Pan's POV