Twenty

Once you and Angeal were in The Underground, he found an empty training room for the two of you.

The training room wasn't very big. It was 32x32 and while two of the walls were completely bare of decorations or anything really, the third wall had floor-to-ceiling mirrors and the fourth wall had the door and a large rectangular window so people could see in. The floor was made of a light colored hard wood, but a 25x25 purple floor mat covered it.

"So do you remember what I taught you last week?" Angeal asked.

"Of course." you replied.

"Show me." Angeal said.

After you pulled off a perfect SING, you smiled and Angeal hobbled away - even though he tried his best to hide it.

"That was...great." Angeal said as he gulped down some air. Apparently you had knocked the wind out of him too. "Let's go again." he added.

"Are you sure? Maybe you should take a moment." you said quietly.

"No, no, I'm fine." Angeal said before he doubled over and took a few more deep breaths, "Have- have you been...practicing?" he questioned.

You smiled, "Yup! Are you impressed?" you asked.

"Being that you're the first person to nearly make me pass out from a SING...yeah, I'm impressed." Angeal replied as he straightened up. "So because you've taken a simple defense move so quickly, I believe we should jump right into weaponry." Angeal suggested.

You nodded and said, "Okay, I'm ready."

"Would you like to start with throwing stars or daggers?" Angeal questioned.

You thought about the two options for a moment before you said, "Stars."

Angeal brought you over to a shelf where three different kinds of throwing stars were set out. "Pick one." Angeal said as he gestured to the stars.

The first one was an uninteresting looking four-point star that had sharp edges and a hole in the center.

The second was a slightly more interesting five-point star with each point looking similar to an arrow head rather than an actual star. This design also featured a hole in the center.

The third design was the most unique. It was a three-point star made out of green glass and silver metal. The points were long and slim and made of the sharp green glass. In the center of the smooth metal was a beautiful jade gem that seemed to make it look perfect.

You picked up one of the six matching green three-pointed stars and said, "This one. It's perfect."

Angeal nodded and said, "It suits you...now, let's begin on some target practice."

X-----------X----------X-----------X----------X----------X

About an hour ago, Angeal had set up a bulls eye in one corner of the training room and you had been tossing the throwing stars at it non-stop.

At first, you didn't even come close to the target. Then you were hitting the wall beyond the target and then there was that one that went rouge and nearly took out Angeal.

You were starting to get frustrated and Angeal knew it.

After you threw a star and it stuck itself into the wall behind the bulls eye and about two feet above it, Angeal suggested, "Why don't you go for a walk? Clear your head."

You nodded, "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea."

You left the training room and you wandered around for a while. You had forgotten how big The Underground was and even still you were positively sure you were not lost.