Part 7

Third person 

Katie and Lauren walked hand in hand down the busy street as the sun set. She didn't know what it was but some how Laurens touch made her anxiety melt away. There was no need to worry. The big men down the sidewalks and the faces in the windows didn't bother Katie as Lauren asked her about her life and family.

As they approached the apartment Lauren started to explain the demographics of the group she would be joining tonight.

"Alex is super scary to start with but don't be intimidated, their really a sweetheart, and dating my roomie; Billie. Pronouns: they and them. Just a word of warning, don't get that wrong when they are tipsy or you will get attacked..." Lauren looked ahead not really wanting to see the little girls reaction. "Mick and his little should be here but who knows. Who else...?" She ponders as she riffles through her pockets looking for keys to the door the couple where quickly approaching, never breaking hold of Katie.
***
Katie had been given a small Apartment tour, they where alone as Billie was picking Alex up for date night dinner before they join the group at the club.

The apartment was different than Katie imagined. Much more tidy and more in order. It was not a flat of a uni student. There where no books pilled on the floor and shelves like Katie's room. No Mugs half full of tea, not a single item of clothing lay astray on the floor. The white benches lit the room as the city lights filled the room from the window of the third floor room. 

"Oh if you need the bathroom it's down next to my room, I'll just be out here cleaning up," Lauren said not looking away from the bench she was wiping. Cleaning what, Katie wondered as she waddled down to the bathroom of the spotless apartment.

Katie felt her body shift as she removed her fancy blazer and blouse replacing them quickly with her bright teeshirt.
As she stripped and became new in the tiny bathroom, Lauren fiddled here and there. She changed her clothes too. Only in much less time than Katie. Her work uniform was placed in the allocated pile and she was in her new dress already. Tight and red. Ropes not really covering her back.

After a few more moments of waiting the little girl waddles out of the bathroom, down the hall toward her new friend who stood waiting, sat upon the soft couch,
"Little lady we need to talk"