Part 4

First Person

The work day went quickly. I did my jobs and ran coffee across the city, or so it felt. I ended up regretting my shoe choice as many of my toes where blistering and the beautiful pastel pink straps where being dotted with blood. I ate my lunch, at the desk alone out of the Barbie lunch tin I retained from my childhood. I was told by one of the head lawyers of the firm I could finish up after four. The next few hours flew as I had that store in my mind.

I had always dreamt about the people I would meet once I grew the balls to speak out. I follow people on Tumblr apart of the community but I have never uttered a word about anything in my real life. Here I'm a big kid who needs to be as mature as possible to ensure a job in this firm. 

My head was light as my tummy took all of my weight, the Google Maps app told me I was only fifteen minutes away from my work place. I could have taken the tram but my legs might have fallen off if I didn't walk. The adrenaline running through my body was getting to the breaking point. It feels like I have ran a marathon, and I haven't even left my desk yet. What if someone I know was in the store, wait is that a good thing, then I wouldn't be the only one. But what if I saw someone and they judged me. Why am I stressing about this. Does everyone feel this stressed their first time?(Correct answer is yes)

The streets felt extra packed today, even though the weather was extra bad for being outside, and it wasn't holidays so there was no reason for so many people to be brushing up against me or looking at me. "It just be my lucky day, anxiety, anxiety, anxiety." I muttered to myself as I made the journey. Holding my phone close to my chest as my blue dot moved along the path toward my goal. 

I waddled up to the unmarked store. No one knows what's sold in the store from the outside, that's good. Maybe I'll be ok, maybe no one will know. The description on the site I read earlier told me to enter through the door in the ally-way to the left of the giant store. And when I say giant I mean Costco giant! I was so excited, scared. I don't even know. Do I go in or do I run?

Third person

As if almost on cue the door opened. A woman walked out, dressed in a uniform with small glittered badges down the edges of her apron. Katie instantly felt calm a smile slowly lining her face. The woman stood at the top of the stairs and closed the door, as she turned she spotted the small girl slightly shaking sitting on the bottom step. The woman knew the exact situation, this wasn't the first time she's witnessed this, "Hey sweetie, would you like me to help you with some shopping?"