007: Curiosity Killed The Cat

Start from the beginning

"A catfish? Violet I can assure you this man ain't a fish." She laughed. I nearly smashed my face into the wall at how outdated my aunt was.

"A catfish is someone who is pretending to be someone else by using another persons photos." I explained while sending her phone a link to the show catfish.

"Oh, I knew that sweetie. But, I've known him a long time. We just happened to both swipe right after all these years." She gushed. My expression softened at her tone.

"Okay fine, go. But if he asks to netflix and chill say no!" My mouth blurted out. She laughed but I knew she had no idea what I meant. She was deep into her phone now and probably had no idea what I just said.

"He's here. I'm leaving now." She said excitedly. I chuckled at our quirky relationship. We had grown so much closer this last week after catching up. It almost felt normal, like I lived here my whole life. But the thought of my parents still haunted my thoughts. 

"I'll be home late, oh and he's picking me up since my cars being weird again. Oh, that reminds me I have to call the garage shop." Cherry bit her lip getting sidetracked.

"If you need anything please call me right away hun."

"Cherry go! Go have fun!" I smiled jumping off the couch to push her out the door.

"Okay wish me luck." She kissed me softly on my cheek, careful not to mess up her lipstick. She was nearly down the stone steps before she turned back around to shout something.

"Don't forget to feed Ollie!" She said hopping into the blue Honda. I waved bye to her not being able to see who was in the driver's seat. I locked the door once the vehicle left wishing the best of luck to Cherry.

She's been waiting to start her family for a while now, I'm just afraid that I'm getting in the way of it. What if she marries this guy and needs the extra room for her kids?

My mind aimlessly went to the cut on my arm. Cherry had been helping me put ointment on it to prevent infection. I tried to not ever look at it, it was a reminder of the past and I so desperately wanted a new future.

I sat down on the leather couch and began slowly unraveling the bandage. My skin looked a different color from being wrapped so tight, making my stomach churn.

The cold air felt good against my skin as I unwrapped the last layer. The bandage slipped off leaving a long jagged scar down my forearm.

Cherry's homemade stitches held it together. The scar was fresh making me wonder if it'd stay there forever. Does my mother regret cutting my arm? Or did she wish she did more?

Part of me wanted to go home and see the damage I caused. Then there was the other part that knew I wouldn't be back for a while.

Cherry's home phone rang throughout the house distracting me from my thoughts. I looked around for the phone finding one sitting on the counter as it lit up.

I recognized the number as Cherry's, which had me wondering if it was a horrible date already and she snuck out the bathroom window again. 

"Hello?" I answered the second the phone went to my ear.

"Hi Violet, could you do me a huge favor?" she begged through the phone.

"What is it?" I asked gladly to be out of my thoughts.

"Could you go down to the car repair garage and ask them to pick up my car? I've tried calling but no one's answering." Her sweet voice pleaded.

I nodded, eager to see the boy again until I realized she couldn't see me moving my head.