031: Princesa

Troubled With Tattoos

Chapter Thirty-One

Princesa

On edge would be the perfect word to describe how I was feeling. Other than scared, hungry, in danger, hungry, tired, did I say hungry already? Cash's words ran through my head over and over again. I couldn't get them out. 'I'll have you so fast and your little friends won't be able to help you.' Those words gave me chills. Surely the boys could protect me against anything right? But for some reason, Cash always seemed to be one step ahead. He knew I was in the closet, which sucks because that's the best hiding spot in that house.

I clocked in to work just as it reached four o'clock. A simple five-hour shift, I got this. Those dog treats looked slightly tempting. Why was I so hungry? My mind raced through what happened today with an occasional image of lasagna in the background. The door dinged and I looked up to see the backstabber herself. I rolled my eyes pretending to be busy. Oh look my nails are kinda crooked, I should file them.

"After today you might as well consider yourself fired," I said harshly. She deserved it, she deserved everything including Cash.

"Violet, I can explain. Please just hear me out?" She said with tears in her eyes. She looked distraught but I wasn't about to fall for another one of her tricks. I crossed my arms and sat behind the register signaling her to speak.

"Kara, she told me you were flirting with Cash. When I didn't believe her she told me that if I didn't do this for her she would break up me and Cash. She said she was going to ruin my life if I didn't help her." She pleaded.

"So instead you agreed to ruin mine?" I said bitterly as I picked the dirt from under my nails as if it were the most interesting thing at the moment.

"Oh come on, suspended for 3 days is nothing. And Kara didn't even get the cops involved." She sighed. I gave her a look that said 'seriously'. Do I believe her or not? Wheres my little angel and devil that are supposed to sit on my shoulder like in the movies? I should order a pizza.

"Still goes on my permanent record," I added.

"Violet you're a lot stronger than me, I'm sensitive and I get scared way too easily. I'm sorry, I hope you will still be my friend because we made some pretty fun memories together." She hesitated to laugh. I thought about it, maybe she was right. Maybe she didn't deserve everything she got.

"You broke my trust Liz, it's going to be a long time before I can trust you again." I shrugged. Being her friend wasn't on my agenda anymore. I have Rose and the boys.

"I'm sorry," She pouted sitting in front of me on one of the waiting chairs. Her jeans were ripped and her purple shirt was tight showing a bit of cleavage. It was Cash's idea to blackmail his own girlfriend. I know it was, but she would never believe me. She loved him. He's trying to ruin my life and I couldn't even tell my friend about it.

"Let's order Chinese." She said pointing at the Chinese option on the screen. 

The door dinged right after we placed our order.

"That was fast," Lizzie said excitedly as she jumped up to meet the delivery person. But instead, she was followed back by a tall tanned boy with long black hair that reached his ears. He had tattoos up his arms like all the boys. 

"Hi, I'm Carlos, I just got hired." He rolled his tongue. Lizzie's eyes widened hearing his Spanish accent. Oh, right the trainee. I get to train this guy? Thank you Cherry. Wait a second, this is a trap. She's trying to get me to fall for this Spanish boy so I won't talk to the boys anymore. Aunt Cherry, I am on to you.