C2 | Strange Thing

Chapter Two | Strange Thing

Her voice was smooth, and powerful at the same time with a strange accent. Her name, Corvina. It was a beautiful name, he thought.

"Rafael, my name is Rafael." He responded, still mesmerized by the beauty sitting on his bed.

He noticed the dirt on her body and question her if she wanted a bath.

Bath, she thought. She was familiar of the word. She nodded leading to Rafael springing into action, wanting to please her greatly and ran towards the bathroom. He filled the bath to the brim, placing a bath bomb, a flower flavor. It was given to him in a form of a joke, but he was thankful of that joke right at this moment.

He walked back to room, and panicked when he didn't see his mate where he placed her. That panic turned into amusement when he sees his mate, struggling in wrapped comforter like a burrito.

She was adorable, he thought. He almost smiled but stopped it seeing her disgruntled expression. He hesitated, looking into her eyes for confirmation before stalking forward and helping her. Corvina's eyes followed him like a predator to its prey. It bothered the alpha in him, but he pushed it back.

"Let's have your bath." He guided her to the bathroom. What she saw reminded her of two words.

"Tiny...lake." He could help but grinned.

"Yes, it is like a tiny lake." He stated in a soft voice. Abruptly, she jumped in a bath. Resulting of the floor and him soaked. He was shocked. He watched his mate gazed at a toy on the side of the bath, his cheeks redden.

"I-I'll just get this," the alpha was not easy to be flustered or embarrassed but this was different. It was his mate, and she was staring at a toy shaped like a duck that his once babysitter, Maria had bought him. It was a long time ago. He just kept it there due to her request.

Before he could take the toy, Corvina beat him to it. "Mine!" She hissed, taking the toy as now her property. He was once again stunned, but didn't phased to take it.

"I'll just go bring you some clothes." He walked out, but not before seeing the scene of his mate trying to drown a bath toy in a bath, frowning and looking frustrated.

He chuckled quietly. He opened his closet, taking a big shirt. He stopped because of his mate's voice.

"Rafa..." Then and there, standing Corvina soaked and holding a now broken bath toy ripped in a half. Her dark eyes staring up at him. "Dead."

±±±

After the incident, Rafael patted him mate with a towel, unconsciously staring at her body.

After Corvina slowly lied on the silk bedding, she recognized that the feeling was familiar, but she was uncomfortable on this so she decided to lay on the carpet floor.

He let out a tiny chuckle, "What are you doing, mate?"

Mate, he thought blissfully. It feels like a century waiting for her. But now she's here. It front of him, and he wouldn't let her go. Ever.

Corvina closed her raven eyes, as sleep ingulfed her.

Rafael

He growled, getting annoyed by the wet tongue that stroked his neck, "Sera, stop."

Stupid dog, he thought.

When he tried to push it away from him, he got confused. Sera didn't have slim hips, she didn't have soft skin. And when he opened his eyes, Sera didn't have dark eyes.