Chapter 2: Death

"Sit down" the man says.
"I'm Tyreese, this is Carol." He explains. "I gathered that after you talked to the girls, are they your children?" I ask.
"No. They lost their father, and our old home is destroyed and our group is split up." Carol explains.
"You have a group?" I ask, trying to contain the small flame of excitement brewing inside.
"Yes. At least, if there alive." Tyreese says.
"Could I possibly join?" I ask. That's it, I caved in. My old group treated me bad, but maybe they won't? They seem good, these young girls seem good. The group could be good.
"I'll have to ask you a few questions first, only 3." Carol asked, looking at Tyreese and he nodded.

"How many walkers have you killed?"
"A lot. I killed one of the train track near-"

Before I could finish my sentence, the eldest girl walks in screaming at the top of her lungs.
"YOU KILLED HIM? WHY HE DIDNT HARM YOU DID HE? HE WAS MY FRIEND AND YOU KILLED HIM!" She shouts in my face.

"I'm sorry?" I say, sarcastically, searching for an explaination for her outburst.
"Lizzie, it's a walker there dangerous." Tyreese says, placing his hand on her shoulder.
"HE WASNT THOUGH! THEY CAN TALK TO ME, I UNDERSTAND THEM, THEY UNDERSTAND ME. IF I WAS A WALKER WOULD YOU KILL ME?" Lizzie is still shouting.

Tyreese stands up, and places her over his shoulder before she slapped me.
She bangs and hits his shoulder with her fists, kicking and fighting.
"He was my friend. You killed him."
Was the last sentence I heard, before the door slammed and me and Carol were left alone.

"Carol.." I say quietly.
"Yes sweetie?"
"That's bad. It's very bad, she has this weird affection for walkers. It happened in my old group, Billy. He was like Lizzie. But you won't want to know what he did." I say, fiddling with my thumbs.
"What?" She asks, her eyes meeting with mine.
"One day, we left Billy and his brother Ben alone. They were just talking we presumed, until we got back, and we saw we were very, very wrong. We walked up, to see Ben dead. Billy holding a knife in his hand, covered in Bens blood. He was misunderstood, and he wanted us to see what he saw with walkers. You need to stop her, or her sister may end up the same way." I explain, looking down onto the table.

"What did you do to Billy?" Carol asks.
"We had to kill him. He couldn't be around people, he was as big a threat as walkers. What he said when we found them, has stuck with me till now."

"What did he say?" She asks.
"Don't worry, he'll come back." Her mouth drops, and I can see the shock in her expression.
"I'm sorry." She says.
"It's alright. But you need to keep an eye on Lizzie, keep her away from Mika." I say, and at that moment Tureese sits back down.

"Tell us a bit about you." Tyreese says, oblivious to what me and Carol just discussed.
"My names Lauren Dixon I'm-"
"Dixon?" Tyreese asks.
"Yeah why?" I reply, slightly confused.
"You know Daryl Dixon?" He asks.
"Yes! He's my uncle. How do you know him, is he alive!?" Suddenly my speech became frantic, and all hope I had lost, rushed back.
"He was a part of our group. His brother was an ass though." Carol says.
"Merle?" I say, and the hope lowered.
"Yes. How do you know him?" Carol says. "Was he your-?"
"Yep. I'm the daughter of Merle Dixon." I say, and they looked at each other, then looked back at me.
"We've got bad news." They said, at the same time, same tone of voice.

"What!" I say, feeling a lump form in my throat, and I struggle to hold back tears.
"Your dad...he's dead."
• • •