"So we can go out and beat up people, sell drugs, you know the usual." I toyed with her.

My mother frowned at my sarcasm.

"Whatever, make it fast so we can finish packing."

"Okay, Okay." I said as I made my way on to Jess's porch. She must have heard me coming because the door flew open.

"Niyah!" She yelled as she tossed her arms around me.

"UUMMM yea?" I questioned, a little confused by what was going on.

"I thought you moved already. I was going to slap the hell out of you for not saying bye to me." Jess threatened.

"Now why would I do that, you're my friend." I said, nudging her shoulder with my elbow.

Jess was my friend since I was in elementary school so we have been around each other for many years. She was about my height, so I never felt to tall or to short around her. She was extremely pretty yet average and she was always positive about most. She had long, full brown hair which she always kept in a high ponytail. Her honey brown skin was smooth and blemish free.

"What are you doing now?" I questioned.

"Nothing really, watching some TV." She said, playing with the remote in her hand.

"Cool, then your lazy ass can come help me pack some of this stuff."

"NOOOOO!!" She playfully squealed. She frowned as I pulled her out her doorway and closed it behind her.

_______

Morning had come and I was awakened by someone knocking on my door. Matter of fact, knocking was an understatement. More like banging on my door.

"NIYAH, wake up, time to hit the road." My mother yelled from the other side of the wooden door.

" OK OK OK I'm up." I lied, still sprawled across the mattress with my comforter still over my head, dreading the idea of actually getting up. I, not being a morning a person, made it ten times harder to get up.

"Get up, you can sleep in the car." She yelled on her way down the staircase.

"Okay." I said tossing the blanket back.

My eyes began to burn as the bright sun pierced through my thin curtains. I groaned in agony as I jumped up quickly.

Leaping from the mattress, I stepped on something. Looking down, I noticed my dog's toy.

"DREA!!" Angry, I called for her.

A few seconds later, my dog ran in.

"Get your toy... TOY!!" I said, referring to the disgusting toy that was on my bedroom floor. She looked at it, grabbed it, and ran back downstair to my mom.

She drives me insane with those mangled toys scattered all over the house. I love her though. Shes the prettiest all black lab and pit I have ever seen. My father purchased her for my mom and I before he passed away a year ago. She was the last piece I had of him.

Grabbing my towel, I dragged myself to the bathroom for a exhilarating shower. Finishing up, I walked into my room and snatched up the clothes I had left out to wear today. I put on my black yoga pants, a loose V-neck white t-shirt, and my black and white converses.

Tossing my hair into a high messy bun, I began grabbing my remaining bags.

"I'll be in the car!" I heard my mom yell before she left out the front door.

I grabbed the last bit of my things, ran downstairs, and skipped out the front door.

"Are you ready? You have everything?" Turning the key to the ignition, she shifted the car into drive.