Chapter 20

I felt so comfortable, wrapped up in a warm blue blanket. The smell of pine and fresh cotton filled my noise. I inhale deeply, enjoying how relaxing it smelled.

I inched open my eyes. The sun was beaming through a glass window. I was actually enjoying the little rays of sun beaming on my face, it felt so calming.

Then reality hit me like a ton of bricks.

           LAST NIGHT!

Everything came back to me. The freaky waiter with the red eyes, the wolf-like-beast that attacked then turned in to....Jason?

I sat up from the bed. Looking around the room, I noticed that I was back in Jason's room. It was dream. I know it was a dream. Please tell me it was dream.

The door knob jiggled. Shaken in fear, I scurried to the top of the bed as the door slowly creaked open.

He peeked in. I gulped.

Could he smell fear? I mean, cant dogs smell fear or something? He took a seat at the end of the bed. I brought my knees to my chest. I was determined to hide my fear. Yeah, that would work.

What do I say? What do I do? I decided to ask the first thing I thought of. The one thing anyone would want to know.

"Are you going to kill me?" I mumbled. Hell, I needed to know.

"No." He sighed. He placed his hand on my knee to calm me. I quickly pulled away from him. His face saddened.

"Aniyah, we need to discuss this."

"Discuss what? How you were just some over-large canine that snapped the head off of some old guy?" It was hard to contain my fear and my anger.

I was irate now. My life went from a normal girl with no worries to a total freak show within twenty-four hours.

"Im going to ignore the canine insult." He mumbled.

"Whats going on? What are you?" I questioned.

"Aniyah. There are things out there that you never knew existed, and we choose to keep it that way for human....and supernatural protection." He sighed, running his fingers through his messy hair.

"That does not explain to me what you are."

I could tell he was hesitant to say. He was hesitant to confirm my assumption. Prove me wrong.

"I'am a werewolf." He confirmed to me what he truly was.

Nope.

       I dont believe it.

"Holy fucking shit, this is a joke." I did not want to believe it.

"I know you wish it was but its not." He tried to muster up a smile to give me. All I could do was frown.

What he was telling me explains it all to me. The sounds of him growling all the time. Why he would disappear in the weirdest of times, especially at night. The incredible strength and speed that they all had.

THEY??!!! So that means....

"Jason, you're not the only one are you?" Did I really want the answer to that?

"No." Holy shit.

"Who else is in this house is like you?"

"Almost everyone."

My heart rate was thumping at a dangerous rate now. So I have been staying in a house full of werewolves that have the potential to rip me apart in seconds?

I couldn't believe this. The things I thought only lived in story books, fantasy movies, and cartoons actually exists. Actually walked around, blending in with any and everyone?

I couldn't deal with it. It was too much. I needed to get out of here. I pulled the blankets off of me and walked out of the room and down the stairs with Jason on my heels.

"Aniyah, where are you going?"

"I-I need to go home."

"But you cant, your mother is not home yet."

"I DONT CARE!" I snapped. I watch his eyes fill with sorrow and hurt. I felt so bad for yelling at him but I couldn't deal with being here at this moment.

"I will come with you."

"NO. Stay here. Just...leave me alone right now." I opened the front door and walked out.

******

The walk home was nerve wrecking. I felt so uncomfortable. Even though I was alone, I felt like I was being watched every step of the way.

I walked on to my porch and realized I left my keys back at Jason's house. I cant go back there. I stepped off of the porch and walked to the back door to find a open window.

Bingo!

The one thing I knew was that my mother always kept one kitchen window open. She loved to walk into the kitchen in the morning to the smell of fresh air. I slid the window open and climbed in, landing on my dogs water bowl.

My anger getting the best of me, I kicked the bowl across the floor, careless of the mess I had made.

Everything seemed to be irritating me now. I stayed on the floor, staring up at the ceiling. Things were still flooding my mind, questions were lingering that I was too scared to know the answers to them.

After almost a hour of sitting on the kitchen floor, I stood up and walked up to my room. I kicked off my flat shoes and walked in to my bathroom.

I looked in to the mirror and noticed how awful I looked. My hair was matted with leaves in it, my clothes were covered with grass, and my eyes looked heavy with bags under them.

I turned on my shower faucet and took off my dirty clothes, throwing them in to the dirty hamper. I stepped in, allowing the hot water to pinch my skin.

My head started spinning with thoughts again. Thoughts of my best friends transforming into wild animals. Thoughts of the guy who I really had feelings for, keeping a secret as big as this. I dipped my head under the shower water, allowing the now cold water to mask the tears that were forming.

After what seemed like forever in the shower, I dried off and walked back into my room. It felt amazing being in my own room again. I dropped my towel and snuggled into my bed. I picked up my remote and flicked on my television.