21

I don't know how I did it, but I managed to avoid both Damon and Dean for over a week. Both of them tried reaching out but I never answered. Damon even spent the night outside my door. I just can't do it. I can't deal with them.

My phone goes off once more but I just ignore it, opting to fix the display at the front of the store instead. Sunday's are always quiet so I take my time, greeting the few people that come in. Just as I put the last book away from the box I was stocking, a voice is cleared behind me.

"You can't ignore me forever," Dean says, taking the book from my hand. I sigh, still not looking at him. his footsteps follow me as I take the empty box and put it in the back. Luckily for me he doesn't actually come back with me, but I'm met with his large body when I try going back out.

"Don't you think I deserve an explanation? We went on a date and the next day I find out you're dating my brother? I'm the one who shouldn't be talking to you. Was I a side hoe or something?"

"No! How dare you assume me of cheating! For your information, he asked me to be his boyfriend that day. I had just said yes. Was I supposed to call you the second it happened and tell you we can't see each other anymore? Is that what i was supposed to do?" I exclaim, forgetting that I'm at work.

Dean's face drops when he hears the truth. In this moment, I couldn't care less. He had the balls to accuse me of cheating. That hurt. I shake my head, walking to the counter. Once more he follows me and I sigh.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. It just hurt, you know? I really like you. When I saw you with him...It made me so mad and it brought up so many feelings. I shouldn't have accused you of cheating. You're too good. I just...I want to be with you," he says, his eyes not meeting mine.

I shrug, his apology only helping so much. His words still stung. I don't say anything, instead playing with my fingers. He takes a step closer and I slowly look up at him.

"Please forgive me..." he whispers, his hand reaching for mine.

I pull my hands back, shaking my head. I can't do this. Even though he lied and I'm not talking to him, technically I didn't break up with Damon. Dean sighs, and I can feel him giving up. He takes a step back, giving me a sad smile.

"I'll see you around," he mumbles before he walks away. trying to take my mind of what just happened, I head back to see what Ben is doing. I find him hunched over his work bench, carefully sewing the cover of a dark leather journal.

He doesn't notice me at first so I stand and watch him do his work. Sometimes when it's not busy I watch him. It's so mesmerizing watching him work. Eventually he notices me and says something.

"Is everything okay? I heard some loud voices out there. Was there an altercation with a customer?"

"Oh, no. It was just...a friend. We got in a fight. I'm sorry. I'll try and be more professional," I apologize. I hadn't thought we were that loud.

Ben nods, focusing back on his sewing. I check the time and see it's time to close, so I may my way to the from to lock up. It doesn't take me too long to close and within an hour I have my stuff and wave goodbye to Ben.

Exiting the mall, I walk across the parking lot, fishing around my pocket for bus money. When I realize I spent all my change at lunch I groan. Turning down the main road, I start the long walk home.

About half way home I look up at the sky and see it's much darker than it should be. When The first drop of rain hits my nose, I know I'm screwed. The rain starts falling hard, soaking into the light fabric of my shirt. I pick up my speed but I know I'm going to be smacked by the time I'm home.