6

Chapter 6

"Tate? Tate, wake up. Dean is here. Tate!"

I groggily open my eyes and look up at Taylor. She's sitting on my bed, fully dressed, her hand on my shoulder. I pull my blankets up over my head and roll over. Of course Tay doesn't like that and she rips the covers off me. I try and grab them but she takes the right off the bed and starts walk out the door. I get up and chase her to the living room but stop dead in my tracks when I see Dean.

"Dean. What are you doing here?""

"I came to see if you wanted to go watch a baseball game. A few of my friends are playing and o thought you might want to meet some people here. Tay thought it would be fun. You know, the three of us hanging out," Dean says.

"Yeah. Sure. Uh I'll go get dressed," I tell him, "Tay come help."

Tay gives me a strange look but comes none the less. When we get to my room I close the door and walk in my closet. I start tossing clothes out of the closet until my closet is half empty. I walk over to the pile of clothes on my bed and sigh.

"Help me choose something to wear."

"You need my help to choose an outfit to watch a baseball game?" Tay asks, laughing her ass off.

I huff and nod, going through the pile of shorts and shirts. I grab a pair of jean shirts but quickly throw them back. I would look way to gay. I go through the pile until I have only a few shirts and a few pairs of shorts. Finally Tay decides to help and she picks out a shirt and a pair of shorts.

"Put these on. You'll look fine. Hurry up though."

With that, Taylor walks out of my room to leave me to get changed. I strip off my boxers and throw on some new underwear. I put on the shirts Tay choose and study the shirt she chose. The shirt is a little ironic. A baseball tee to go to a baseball game. I still put it on because it is one of my favourite shirts.

I take a quiz look around my room, making the stupid choice to pick up all the clothes when I get home. I quickly run to the bathroom to brush my teeth and make myself public ready. I make sure I look good and go out to the living room.  Taylor and Dean are waiting by the door, so I apologize for taking so long, then we leave.

"So where are your friends playing?" Tay asks, getting in the elevator.

"There's a park about 10 minutes away with a baseball field."

"That's great. Sounds like a cool place," Tay responds.

"It is. They also have a trail you can run on, a small park for kids, and a soccer field. I go there a lot. I run on the trail almost everyday," Dean informs us.

Tay gives me a look but I just roll my eyes at her. We get out of the elevator and walk to Deans car. Tay gets in the back and I sit in the passenger seat next to Dean. Dean starts the car, pulling out of the parking lot. As we drive Dean uses the time to point out different places we could go to do all sorts of things.

He shows us where the movie theatre is and where we should go if we ever want good sushi. He points out some good family owned restaurants and a few stores he likes. Taylor asks tons of questions on where to go for all kinds of things. Surprisingly, Dean tells Tay where she should go for everything she asks; even where to go to the dentist. The drive quickly comes to an end when we reach the park.

"Here we are," Dean announces, getting out of the vehicle. Tay and me follow him as he leads us to the stands where there are about 20 or 30 people. Instead of sitting on the stands, he takes us over to the bench where he is greater by 3 guys in uniforms.