Chapter Twenty-Four: The Gift of the Weak Rogues

Start from the beginning

"Guys, I have news?" Louis stood up from the table and hit a butter knife against his wine glass. "So, last time I told you guys that Alec and I were adopting and..." He took a pregnant pause, "We got approved." Various congratulations went around the table.

"So, is it a boy or a girl?" Vera asked.

"Well actually 2 of them, one boy and one girl." He said making everyone gasp. "I know it seems like a lot but they're siblings and both of the parents died and the adoption service insisted that they not be separated."

"Two infants?" Lesley raised her eyebrow.

"The girl is about six months and the boy is three years old."

"That's a lot to handle, but I have faith that you'll be a great father." I smiled.

"Thanks, Luna."

After dinner, Riley and I headed back up to our room. We both showered and changed into our pajamas before climbing into bed to enjoy a few episodes of K.C. Undercover, a new favorite show of hers. After the second episode, she was out like a light and I was slowly following behind her.

ALPHA NICHOLAS

A day later we had finally managed to pick up the rogues' scents which later lead to us finding them station at a local motel. Being that it was a very popular motel with a lot of human traffic there was no way that we could storm into their room without anyone noticing and calling the police.

Not wanting that to happen we surrounded the motel in staked out, waiting for them to leave. We made sure to cover our scents and to stay in hiding, after a day they pack up and check out of the motel. We waited until they were about a half a mile from the motel, on a clear road when we were about to go on the attack, only to be stopped by Mason.

"What the hell?" I shifted into my human form.

"We have to wait it out."

I growled, "We've waited for enough."

"Nick, just hear me out." I nodded waiting for him to go on. "They're on their way to their headquarter where there are even more rogues at."

I struggled to see his point, yes, we would be getting more rogues out of the way for future situations, but all I could think about was been reunited with my mate. "He's right, Nick." Alec agreed. "Once we finish these motherfuckers off we'll never have to deal with them again... Well, at least not for a while." He corrected. It was close to impossible to think that there will never be rogues that were coming after us.

"Fine." I shifted back into my wolf and we once again begin following behind the two SUV's. Three hours later we remained undetected much to my surprise. It almost seems like it was too good to be true, and the moment the car parked in front of an old house and wolves begin pooling out, my suspicions were confirmed. We had been set up. As annoyed as I was, I knew we were prepared for the worse and had no worries about my pack and Mason's.

Within seconds, we were in an all-out battle against the rogues. I was fighting against two useless rogues when I notice Eric trying to slip away. Quickly snapping the two wolves neck I threw them down and chase after Eric, knocking over many wolves in the process. He had already shifted back into his human form and was attempting to get back into one of the SUV's that they drove over here in when I slammed the door shut on his arm.

"Fuck." He yelled in pain.

Still, in my wolf form, I was unable to respond but did continued my attack on him. I clawed at his skin, leaving blood dripping from his wounds. I could have snapped his neck and ended him instantly, but that would be too easy, he needed to suffer. Suffer like my mate has at his hands.

For such a notorious guy, he sure didn't live up to his reputation. Considering his need to beat on women, I should have known better. He eventually gathered enough strength to push me off of him, before shifting into his wolf. We circled around each other looking for a weak spot. It wasn't hard to find his, the gash in his abdomen that currently leaked with blood was clear as day. Lunging at him first the two of us tumbled to the ground, each of us snapping at one another and swiping claws.

One of his claws swiped across my eye, leaving me temporary blind. Ignoring the pain, I was able to clamp down on his neck, which he had left exposed. The pain forcing him to shift back into his human form. Not letting up I picked him up and threw him against a tree, making him groan in agony. Once he landed I jogged towards him and clamped down on his right leg. It wasn't long until he was torn into small bits and pieces, and I couldn't be more pleased with my work.

Returning to the front of the rogue house, I saw that the rogues had surrendered, three of them that were still alive and breathing to be exact. I wasn't in the forgiving mood and ordered for them to be executed immediately. "Nick, you alright," Alec asked seeing as though I could barely see and begin running into dead bodies. "We need to get you home to see Oliver."

"I just want to see my mate."

"You can't see anything at the moment." He said matter-of-factly. Snapping his fingers, he ushered Ramon, a wolf from our pack to come over. "Drive Alpha back to the pack, he can't see anything and is to be escorting directly to the hospital, have his mate there waiting for him."

"Yes, Beta." He bowed and helped me to the car.

"Ramon, I need you to get me home as fast as possible."

"Yes, Alpha."

H.E.R.: Wait For It 

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment below and be sure to check out my other stories.