Chapter Twenty-Four: The Gift of the Weak Rogues

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter Twenty-Four: The Gift of the Weak Rogues

LUNA WILLOW

It had been three days and I had still yet to be reunited with my mate. I did talk to him a few times a day but it was only for a minute or so both Riley and I missed him dearly and couldn't wait for him to return. For now, the pack and I were standing indoors, most of them populated around the packhouse. Since I had returned their attention towards us had changed significantly, they constantly checked on Riley and I and make sure that we were given whatever we needed.

It was a nice feeling to be treated with respect and compassion but at the same time, I had a hard time accepting it. It came off a bit fake that I had to be abducted and almost killed for them to begin treating me this way. It was hard to figure out whether this treatment would be long lasting or was it temporary. With this uncertainty in mind, I mostly only hung out with those who I was already cool with before the tragedy.

"I promise I'm not leaving," I assured Riley for the umpteenth time. Since I had returned she had been glued to my hip, while I was elated to be with her I could tell that she wanted to hang out with her friends who were playing in the playroom, but her fear of me leaving again stopped her from doing so.

"You promise?" She asked glancing into the playroom to see her friends having a tea party without her.

"I promise, I'm just going to the pack hospital and coming right back." Kissing her cheek, I ushered her back into the packhouse play room. After waving goodbye I headed back downstairs where the others were.

"Ready to go?" Vera asked once I entered the kitchen.

"Yes." The same day that I had return the pack nurse had come to check out some of my wounds but I still needed to come to the hospital for a proper examination. The pack doctor had returned a day later but I had been so busy with Riley that I had forgotten all about going in for a check-up.

"Let's go," Vera said gesturing for me to wrap my arm around hers. I had expected to go to my appointment on my own until Nicholas called me back to let me know that not only would Vera would be accompanying me but so would two other guards. I for one thought it was too much but considering he was not here to take me I knew that he needed extra assurance that I would be fine leaving the pack house without anything happening.

The pack hospital had been a five-minute walk from the pack house, even though I didn't fancy walking up the large hill the fresh air was refreshing. I was immediately ushered into a room while Vera and the guards sat in the waiting room. "Oliver, how are you?" I greeted the pack doctor who I hadn't seen since Riley had gotten her arm broken.

"I am doing good Luna, how are you?" He said while drying off his freshly washed hands.

"Fine."

"That's good, it's good to have you back." He sat down in a chair. "Before we begin is there anything you want to tell me? Are you in any pain?"

"Not much pain, but my wolf is still dormmate."

"There's not much I can do for that, I quite sure that once Alpha returns everything will go back to normal. Anything else."

"I've had really bad cramps lately."

"That's something we have to check out." He said writing something down. "So," He clapped, "We're gonna do some blood work and go from there."

"Do we have to?" I groaned in annoyance seeing as though I hated needles.

"Unfortunately, so." After having some blood work done, Oliver wanted to do an exam to make sure I had nothing else wrong with me. Luckily for me, I was completely fine besides those other things. Leaving the hospital Vera and I headed back to the packhouse and was immediately greeted by Riley who had been waiting by the door for me. About time I was done reassuring her that I was not planning on leaving Louis had finished cooking dinner.