After a few moments I shake my head and sigh quietly. "My mother is... different from how she was." Silence permeates throughout the room for a few moments before a heavy hand lands on my head.

"Listen now. That is your mother." Another hand points to Sei's mom. "That is your brother." A finger points to Seijuurou. "And I am now your father. Understood?"

I wonder if he can see how surprised I am. I wonder if he sees how much speech like that means to me, and how he's made my insides feel warmer than they have in years. "Yes." I say after another heartbeat. "I understand."

"Say 'yes, father.'" Mr. Akashi says. He says it gently, though. Like my own dad would've.

"Yes, father." 

My apartment seems a little brighter when I get home. Daiki sits across the couch, sleep, with the TV blaring and all the lights on. "Daiki..." I call over the sound of tinny laughter.

He doesn't make much of a response, other than to groan and squirm slightly. I turn off a couple lights after slipping off my shoes and shedding my jacket. It takes me another minute to find the remote so I can lower the volume.

"Daiki." I say softly. "Don't sleep on the couch."

The blue-haired wonder groans and opens his eyes lazily. "You're back, Alex." I nod.

"Yep. I'm home." I say with a grin. "You shouldn't sleep on the couch. You'll get stiff."

"C'mere." Daiki extends an arm toward me and gives me a beckoning motion with his fingers. I drop my backpack and move toward him.

When I'm within arms reach, he grabs me by the wrist and tugs forward, sending me flying. I land rather unceremoniously on top of the lounging teen. I wonder if he can see how surprised I am. Heat rises to my cheeks.

"Daiki?" My voice sounds more surprised than I actually am. Cool air brushes past my skin from the open window.

"Be quiet." Daiki groans. His hand comes up and presses my face against his chest. My body feels like it's on fire. At least Daiki is comfortable. More comfortable than my futon and the couch combined.

"Daiki?" The boy shushes me. His hand rests on my head, occasionally stroking my head or playing with strands of my unruly hair.

"Just stay like this." He mutters. I hum in response. Even though this is comfortable, I'll have to get up eventually so I can eat. My stomach is empty and incredibly hungry.

I squirm a little, trying to find a more comfortable position. Daiki groans unhappily, shifting beneath me as I move up closer to the back of the couch, and higher up his chest.

The bluenette groans slightly when I accidentally grind against him. "Sorry." I murmur, kissing the underside of his jaw. "I didn't mean to bother you."

"Idiot." Daiki growls. Within a few moments, I'm trapped between Daiki and the couch, his arms on either side of my head.

"Daiki?" My voice sounds breathy, like I've lost the ability to retain air. Dark blue is staring into me intensely. I almost forget to breathe. The boy makes a strange noise above me, almost a growling noise, which sounds like music to my ears.

I don't know how it starts, but I can't seem to find my breath. Daiki is demanding and aggressive as he kisses me, but I don't mind. My body feels alight and alert as heat floods me. My hands are busy gripping the bluenette's short hair.

Daiki's hands are everywhere and nowhere it seems. They rarely stay in one place, but they never stray where they're unwanted. I want to pull him closer, so I do. "Daiki..." His name slips from my lips without my consent.