Bofur: Flower Girl

I wasn't always the smartest. But when it came to flowers you could bet your beard I knew almost everything there was to know. I knew every flower that bloom on the way to Erebor, but today I had to take a different route through a forest.

I was traveling on this road that was more like a path, but then I saw this beautiful flower that was the distance of one of the bushes. It was a bright glowing blue with a bit of yellow in the middle. It had to be a had to be a Cupid's Dart. But it wasn't quite it.

I continued looking at the strange flower, not really knowing what it was. I stared glaring at the sweet thing, but I really wanted to know what it was. Then I heard a twig snap, and I looked around.

My eyes widened. "Oh, no! I've lost the road like a path!"

"Road like a path?"

I whirled around and spotted the prettiest blue eyes I ever did see. They were much like the blue crystals that I mined for in Erebor. I paused and looked down at the floor. It matched her eyes.

"Hello?"

"Hello there." I smiled.

The girl laughed nervously. "What are you doing here?"

I stared at her blond hair for a moment. Then I blinked myself back to the conversation. "I was on a road like a path to get back to Erebor. And now it's gone, which is a problem."

The girl nodded. "That is quite a problem. Is Erebor your home?"

"Indeed." I looked from the floor to the girl. "Do you live around here?"

The girl paused but nodded.

I pointed at the flower with a grin. "Can you tell me what this flower is? I keep aiming at Cupid's Dart, but it's not quite it."

The girl looked at the flower. "T'is a forget-me-not. They bloom here all the time."

I smiled widely. "Is that so?"

I plucked off the flower and walked to the girl.

She glared as I approached her. So I stopped and smiled, letting her know no harm would befall her. "May I?" I urged the flower to her face.

She paused, beginning to blush, and nodded. I placed the flower in her golden hair. I smiled at her. "Now there's a beautiful use of a flower."

The girl paused again, feeling her hair and the flower in it.

"You look beautiful. I promise."

"Thank you." The girl did some sort of bow.

I bowed back. "No thank you."

The girl blinked in question.

My stomach growled. "Once you give me food of course. If... that is not inconvinient for you. I clean and sing."

The girl laughed. "Dwarven songs?" 

"Of all races, beautiful."

The girl smiled. "My name is Bre."

"And my name is Bofur." I smiled. "I can cook too, but do you have any meat?"

Bre shook her head. "But there is plenty of chicken."

I grinned. "Let us sing to the chicken that had an unfortunate picking! Did I also mention how beautiful you are?"