Chapter 6✅

Same Day: Military Base
Infirmary Room🎖

Steve sits on a bed, now in his military uniform, staring at nothing, sad about what happened to Dr. Erskine. The nurse taking many amounts of blood samples, he looks at her and says, "I think you got enough." Rolls down his sleeve.

Peggy and Genevieve leaning against the table across from him, hears him, Genevieve signals the nurse to stop as Peggy explains to Steve, "Any hope of reproducing a programme is locked in your genetic code. But without Dr. Erskine it will take years." Holds a file to her chest. (Genevieve's Outfit, Same From Chapt 5)

Steve stands beside Genevieve and looks ahead with a straight face as the nurse leaves the room with the samples, "He deserved more than this."

Genevieve puts a comforting hand on his shoulder, "If it could only work once, he'd be proud it was you." Both give each other small smiles.

~
Main Room🎖

Colonel Phillips leading Senator Brandt and his Aide around the facility, Senator Brandt saying to him, "Colonel Phillips, my committee is demanding answers."

Colonel Phillips responds, "Great, why don't we start with how a German spy, got a ride to my secret installation in your car?" Stops where Howard is looking at the one seater sub, "What do we got here?"

Howard looks at them seriously, "Speaking modestly I'm the best mechanical engineer in this country. But I don't know what's inside this thing. Or how it works. We're not even close to this technology."

Senator Brandt asks, "Then who is?" Looks at Colonel Phillips.

Colonel Phillips looks at him, answers, "HYDRA. I'm sure you've been reading our briefings."

Senator Brandt exclaims back, "I'm on a number of committees, Colonel."

Peggy leads Genevieve and Steve to the main room where Colonel Philips and Senator Brandt are. Genevieve explains, "Hydra is the Nazi deep science division. It's led by Johann Schmidt." Senator looks at the ladies and takes his hat off in respect.

Peggy adds, "But he has much bigger ambitions." They stop near them.

Col. Phillips explains, "Hydra's practically a cult. They worship Schmidt, they think he's invincible."

Senator Brandt asks him, "So what are you gonna do about it?"

Col. Phillips tells them, "Spoke to the president this morning. As of today the SSR is being retasked." Walks over to Peggy and Genevieve.

Peggy confused, "Colonel?"

Col. Phillips looks at the two women, "We are taking the fight to HYDRA. Pack your bags Agent Carter, Agent Davis." Looks at Howard, "You too, Stark. You're flying to London tonight."

Steve looks between Genevieve and Phillips before fully turning to Colonel Philips, standing straight and confident, "Sir, if you're going after Schmidt, I want in."

Col. Phillips denies him, "You're an experiment. You're going to Alamogordo."

Steve claims, "The serum worked."

Col. Phillips tells him sternly, "I asked for an army and all I got was you. You are not enough." Walks away.

Senator Brandt goes up to Steve and gestures to Colonel Phillips, "With all due respect to the Colonel. I think we may be missing the point. I've seen you in action, Steve. More importantly. The countries seen it. Paper." Snaps his fingers to his Aide and he brings the paper to him, and shows it to Steve; 'NAZIS IN NEW YORK MYSTERY MAN SAVES CHILD', "The enlistment lines have been around the block since your picture hit the news stands. You don't take a soldier, a symbol like that. And hide him in a lab." Puts his right hand on his left shoulder and starts to walk along, asks him, "Son, do you wanna serve your country on the most important battle field of the war?" Stops walking.