Chapter 7

Magcon flew by surprisingly, and I actually stood in the crowd today. I was close to where Mahogany was running the music, and actually enjoyed watching the guys goof off onstage.

When the event was over around 11, the guys were all starving so we all went to the eating area in the hotel.

I told Shawn what I wanted, and decided just to go relax in my room while they ate downstairs.

"Are you sure Kenz? C'mon, it'll be fun." Shawn urges me to join them.

"I'm going to just take a shower upstairs. I'll promise I'll eat when you bring me my food." I assure him, only to earn a sigh in return.

After I escape to my room I turn my music up and jump in my shower, enjoying the relaxing water.

After my shower, I put my hair up in a wet messy bun and slipped on a random hoodie and leggings. I applied my normal facial makeup and mascara, and finally laid down.

As I listened to Ed Sheeran, I heard a knock on the door.

I jumped up to get it expecting Shawn, but came face to face with Taylor.

"Oh hey Taylor, thanks for bringing my food." I say simply inviting him in.

"I told Shawn I'd bring it to you. But we need to talk.. like now." he informs me while setting the food on the counter by the TV.

"Uh ok.." I say nervously, as my hand start to shake.

"I know what I saw this morning, and I'm not going to make you feel guilty about it. I just want to know.. why..?" he asks, shyly looking towards me.

"Things got hard when Shawn starting getting noticed.. I just can't take the hate I guess. It caused my mind to change. I didn't understand what was going on. I realized I couldn't make the pain go away without.. hurting myself. But I wanted them to go away officially." I say, letting the tears slip from my eyes.

"But what matters is that I'm better now." I lie as I jump up to grab my food.

"Just know I'm here, okay Mckenzie?" I hear him mutter behind me, and I set down the box and turn to hug him.

"Thank you Taylor.. you're one of the only people that I've told. Just don't make me regret it, that's all I'm asking."

He nods in reply, and releases me. "I'll head over to y'all's room when I'm done." I inform him.

"Oh and Mckenzie, I was wondering, why do you have a southern accent? I thought you were Canadian." he laughs, smiling slightly.

"Shawn's family adopted me when I was six, my dad died fighting for the American army. But I never knew my mom." I say, earning another hug from him.

"I was just curious, but I'm going to let you eat. See ya in a few." He says walking out the door.