"Yes," I answer slightly short of breath when I'm a little closer.

"And the-"

"Yes, and the back door too," I interrupt, knowing exactly what she was about to say. "As well as checking the oven, the fireplace, the heating system, and yes, all the windows are closed. Let's get a move on."

Seeming slightly taken aback, she pretends to fan herself from shock.

"I like this Ivory that takes charge. Finally someone is in holiday mode!"

As we drive further and further away from our house, I suddenly realise where it is that we're going when we approach a sign: 'London City Airport'.

Oh Christ, this is going to be a long day.

"Everything alright?" Celia asks, noticing my apparent behavioural shift.

"Fine," I answer abruptly. "Just brooding."

The truth is, I don't wish to tell Celia I've been here before with Harry. That the experience was throughout one of the more happier times in my life on a surprise flight to visit his family for Christmas. I can't help but note the vast differences between each trip, and how dull and colourless everything seems to be without him.

"Come on, get excited!" she enthuses, grabbing hold of my leg, shaking it while squeezing. "We're going to a tropical paradise and are going to have the time of our lives with great friends, food, and hopefully - guys!"

"Wait - friends?" I enquire, but it's too late. Celia is out the door as soon as we've stopped, and walking towards some people on the tarmac. I'm slightly more cautious as I step out the door. It doesn't seem so long ago at all that I was here, though I can't even comprehend how much my life has changed since then.

Up ahead, Celia is in a friendly embrace with a group of girls, and upon closer inspection, it looks to be Lydia, Alice, and Jane. All girls that I've met time and time again at functions and parties, and despite them all being relatively nice, I'm a little disappointed it isn't just the two of us. It's quite difficult to not feel a little out of my comfort zone considering they all know one another much more than I do. Alice, a cousin or second cousin of Celia's, Lydia she met through boarding school, and Jane was someone they picked up along the way. Then me - tired, heartbroken little old me.

"Ivy darling," Jane greets, opening her arm for a hug. "I haven't seen you since Lydia's housewarming. How are you?" she enquires, with an air that doesn't seem as genuine as she probably intended.

"Really great," I smile, kissing her briefly on the cheek. "Very keen to get away!" I reply in the same tone that she addressed me in. "Hello girls," I add, kissing both Alice and Lydia too.

As our bags are loaded onto the plane, I head towards the stairs, but it's Celia that pulls me back.

"We have to check in first you silly thing," she corrects, shaking her head.

"Oh, right," I answer, following her lead to the building.

I guess some rules don't apply to Harry...

Walking into the building, a woman with the whitest smile awaits us at the desk, ready to check us in as we each hand her our passports.

"Now I'll just get you to head through security on your way out, and you're all set to go!"

My passport is handed back to me first, but I wait for Celia to be screened so we can go through together. It's quite peculiar how I wanted some time to myself here on the trip, and yet now I feel as though I need Celia by my side in order to feel somewhat sane.