Chapter Two: The Arrival of the New Boss ✔️

Start from the beginning

"Psst," whispered an old lady to Jacob. "Charming young man." She reached for the hemming of his sweater.

Jacob was alarmed and removed his earphones. He turn to the old lady in the wheelchair. "Yes, was that you?"

"Yes, young man," she responded. "Do you mine carrying my extra luggage? My hands are all full."

"No, not at all," he said and carried her purple, floral luggage. When they reached the entrance of the plane, Jacob handed the luggage to the flight attendant and also handed his ticket and passport to the other flight attendant.

"Have a nice flight, sir," greeted the lady flight attendant.

Jacob flashed a small smile and headed to his seat. No surprise, he sat from across the old lady he has just interacted with.

"Hello, young man!" the old lady exclaimed. "Name is Agatha by the way. Thank you for helping an old lady out."

"No problem, Agatha. Jacob," he introduced himself and shook her hand. "It's a pleasure to help our fellow senior citizens."

Few minutes later, the plane was ready to fly and head to New York City. Jacob read a handy book for idiots: Running a Company. When he had enough, he dosed off to dreamland. Agatha on the other hand, was knitting a sweater while she was entertained with the movie playing on the TV screen.

Before Jacob was going to take full responsibilities of the company, he needed a night out the city. Take a full day with carefree thoughts and no worries of the company.

New York City, January 16, 2010

After a long trip with old men snoring on the plane, a black car awaited for Jacob outside. A middle age man with a beard, wearing a tight hat to conceal his bald spot, held a sign with his name on it. Jacob approached him and handed him his luggage.

"Welcome back to New York Senor!" the man greeted with a rich Mexican accent.

"Thanks, Bill," Jacob replied. "Glad to be back."

"It's Bert, Senor," Bert corrected.

"Whatever Bill. I don't remember all your names."

"It's okay, Senor," Bert implied and open the car door for Jacob.

It was two hour long drive to get to his father's home considering all the traffic that occur too often in New York. Jacob stepped out of the car and took glances at his father's home. A towering building stood upon him and it caused him to take his sunglasses off.

"Welcome Jacob," greeted his old nanny. "It's nice to see you!"

"It's nice to see you to, Madam Jane," he said and gave her a quick squeeze.

"How's your mother?" she asked. "Is she well?"

"She's been better. Work," he replied with a smile. "Is my father home?"

"I'm afraid to say that he's gone. Went off to a meeting but he shall return before supper. Take a rest, my dear. You look exhausted," she insisted.

He headed upstairs to a guest bedroom and changed into fresh clothes.

After, he received a phone call from his father.

"Dad," he answered in an indolent tone.

"Nice to hear you to, Jacob. How's the trip?" his father asked.

"Fantastic," he said sarcastically, "Dad I know meeting tomorrow. You don't need to remind me for the hundredth time."

"I know, just wanted to remind you."