CHAPTER TWO

I was jostled awake. Mistress must have put me in the truck when I was asleep. The familar metal bars of my cage helped me calm my eratic heart beat. "We're almost there so keep quiet!" I kept quiet and moved into a sitting position. My small finges gripped the metal bars as I chewed on my lip. I hope my next master is as good as Mistress Red...

      My cage slid across the bed of the truck as we came to a sudden stop. I listened closely as Mistress walked away. "He needs to see the doc and get cleaned up before the auction. Drug him if you have to."

      "Yes, ma'am. Are you staying for the auction?" The voice was deep but you could tell it was a man that was well accuainted with his cigiret pack.

      "I'm in need of a pet. I'm thinking of a girl this time. If you need me just call. He can't talk very well so don't get annoyed if he can't answer your questions." I grimaced at the sudden manly laugh near the truck door.

      "There's no reason to laugh. It isn't his fault. Just do your damn job and hurry." I smiled softly. This was the first time someones stook up for me.

      My cage was pulled out and my eyes shot up to the starry sky. I didn't get to go outside very often so I was happy to see the stars. "Just knock'em out now. It'll be easier on doc and us." A soft whimper left my lips as a syringe came into view.

      Goodbye Mistress. A slight stinging in my neck, then darkness.