Confronting the Devil

"Hey?" Josh opened his front door.I pushed myself in and crossed my arms.Tears were streaming down my face as I looked at him.

"Was I getting played?Am I a bet?Candice told me she over heard your conversation with your friends and y'all were talking about me being a bet.Please tell me that I'm not a gamble." A sad smile appeared on my face as I shook my head.His quietude made me rush for the door.He followed me.

"Don't touch me." I shook him off me and pulled the door ajar.

"You're not a bet." He closed the door and I put my back against it.His hands were on both sides of me. "Joey,you're not a bet.I would never do that to a girl like you." He looked me in the eye,but I broke eye contact and slid down.I put my hands over my face.

"Don't lie to me." I felt abashed.Things like this only happen in movies and books and poem.In reality,there aren't any fairytale.What if he was telling the truth?

"Why would I want to lie to you?" He sat in front of me and pulled my hands out of my face.He took his jacket sleeve and wiped off my face.I looked at him and he stared back.He leaned in and I did the same.I kept looking at his lips and back at his eyes.With one swift movement,he kissed me and I kissed back.

I felt tingling inside as my eyes close.Josh could have any girl he wanted,but he chose me.He could have chose one of those abhorrent whores,but he chose me.This kid was a lunatic.Someone so handsome and beautiful picked someone so plain and boring.

"Do you believe me now?" He smiled.I stared into those dangerous green eye.Instead of having the usually cocky look in them,they had  soft and romantic look.

"I abide." I whispered.He got up and helped me up. "Where's your mom?" I looked around.There wasn't any sign of a woman.

"I live here alone.It's a good start for college.I've been lonely,but I have friends and you." He took my hand and made me blush a million shades of red.He walked us over to the couch and sat us down.He turned on the television and hugged me around the waste.I laid my head on his chest and Josh rocked us.

My eyes begun to drift off.I made myself comfortable.

"Goodnight Joey."