The Guest

It was fifth period and I go to see Leslie."Guess who tortured me with their charming good looks!"I grabbed my folder and notebook and sat down next to her.

"He didn't,did he?"I nodded."How many times?Was it once,it usually takes him once.Did you fall for him?"I saw her brown eyes wonder.

"Twice.No and no."I answered her questions with one breath.

"Twice!He must really like you.He doesn't try this hard."I looked at her and gave a surprise look.

"Like me? He doesn't even know me!" I looked at Leslie. She bit her lip.

"Josh can see through people and see their personality.Ican tell he likes you and you like him."

I laughed."I don't like him!"She chuckled

."Believe me I think you do." Was it that easy to see?

"I don't like him!" I lied to her and myself.

-----------------------------------------School Over/Walking Home------------------------------------------------------------

I walked home listening to Mama by My Chemical Romance.It must have been so loud because I saw someone blowing a bullhorn.I didn't even hear it.I stopped,shrugged,and continued to walk.Something slid underneath my feet,a skateboard, and I fell."I'm so sorry!"The voice sounded familiar.

"It's alright, nothing broken and I had worse falls on my skateboard.I looked up and saw Josh."Oh, hello Joey.I didn't know that was you."He smirked.I got up and began to walking quickly.

"Well, since it was you I don't accept your apology and I don't care for your hello."He picked up his skateboard and began to follow me.

"Oh, someone's cranky!" My house was a five houses down."You know I was serious about that date.I really want to get to know you.You should really get the pole from up your-"

I looked at him and was paralized from the second sentence."Get to know me or get in my pants!" We must've been walking really fast because we were already on my porch

."Sorry,I don't go to third base."He put his face closer.I put mines closer.

"Really,then what were you trying to do in the art supply closet with me?"I smirked.He accepted my challenge and put his face closer.

"I was getting to know you.You're beautiful."He put his face very close to my lips.His cool breath blew on my lips.I slowly put my face the closest it could go.

"Really? I don't believe." My eyes flcikered from Josh's lips and to his eyes. 

"Really, how don't you?" He smirked.

"Because I don't."He began to close his eyes and I closed my too.Our lips almost touch until my mom opened the door.

"Oh, um your busy.Who's this?" I snapped out of it and looked at her

."This is nobo-"

Josh cut me off."I'm Josh."He shook my mother's hand then kissed it.

"Oh,your Joey's friend?"I was about to answer,but he did.

"Yes, I also go to school with her.My mom looked at me and her eyes twinkled.She looked at Josh.

"Are you staying for dinner?"I quickly answered.

"No! I mean he has to go home.His mother must be worried!" He looked at me then my mom.

"Actually, I told my mom I'm going over a friend's house."My mom smiled and eyes grew big.

"Come on it!" Josh smiled his charming smile.

"Thank-you!"Josh stepped in my house

."Joey, stop standing outside and come in!"I stepped in the house with my head held down.

---------------------------------------------10 minutes later------------------------------------------------------------------

Josh was looking around my house.We were in the living room and I wasn't so happy."Who's piano is this?"He pointed to the grand piano in the corner of the living room.

"It's mines and the family's." He looked stunned.

"You play?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah!" My voice was filled with sacrasm.

"Can you play me something?"

I scoffed."No!" He came over to me.

"Are you this rude when guest come over?" I looked at him.

"You're not a guest, you're an inturter!"

He chuckled."Your mother invited me in;therefore, I'm a guest." I was mad he was right.He went over to the pictures and traced his fingers among the edges."Who's the kids?" I looked at the photo of my four brothers,one sister, and I.

"That's my brothers,sister,and I."I said rudely.

"Why are you here?"I asked rudely.

"Why are you so rude?" He chuckled.

"Cut the manners crapst because you're around my mother doesn't mean you have to have manners around me!" He looked at me.

"I'm here because I want to spend time with you!"

I laughed at him."Stop lying to me why you're really here?" He looked.

"Answer my question,why are you rude to me?" I glared.

"Because you're a player."He laughed.

"I'm not a player." I looked at him hard and my jaw dropper.

"Liar, I seen the many girls you kiss and date in a day or few minutes!" He laughed again.

"Okay,so maybe I am a player."I laughed too.I don't know why,but I did.He became serious."I'm really here to spend time with you." His eyes met mine.I could tell he really was telling the truth.My mom walked in.

"Joey, you have to babysit Uncle Serigo's children on Saturday!" I snapped out of it and begun to whine like a baby.

"Why can't your other children do it?"

She looked at me."Because my other children are busy and you have to because I said so!" I hated when she played that 'because I said so' card.

"I'll help you!" Josh cut in.

"You really don't have to do that."My mom said smiling.

"Really you don't have to!" I looked at him with my eyes wide.

"No, I like children and I'm good with them too."I could tell he wanted to say 'that's how I put up with your daughter's behavior',but he didn't.

"Ok they live in Barker,Cypress so you two will have to drive down there!" I looked at my mom.

"What!"

She looked at me disappointed."Yeah,that way I don't have to worry about you!" My jaw dropped.

"Mum, he doesn't-"She cut me off.

"What's final is final and wash up dinner's ready." She walked back into the kitchen.

"Thanks alot,now I have to spend my Saturday with you and my cousins."He smiled.

"You're welcome."He followed me to the bathroom, so we could watch our hands. After we washed our hands, he splashed water on me. I splashed him back. We got into a water fight. I laughed and we left the bathroom.