Zues, Metis, And Hera

Zeus was King of the Gods. And originally had a very intelligent wife who, without her, he would never overthrow Cronus. Her name was Métis, a Titan from an earlier generation than her hubby and his siblings.

Side Note: I actually do not know much on Métis so I searched her and found a thing on her on wikipidea. So if you heard something different, we're both right.

Metis was the daughter of Oceanus and his sister(do you see a trend?), Tethys. She was the Titan goddess of good counsel, advise, planning, cunning, craftsman and wisdom. Basically she's like mad powerful. Now Zeus got a premonition from an oracle saying that Métis was going to have a child more powerful than Zeus. Now I feel I should explain the oracles. The oracles can tell the future and many people (god and humans alike) about what their future holds. The thing is the oracles aren't blunt. They are very vague in giving their answer. Because of this it's up to the person to interpret what it means. Now I want you to remember that because it will come back up later. Well Zeus interpreted this as Métis was gonna give birth to a son that would overthrow him. So he ate Métis. I'm gonna show you the scene:
Métis and Zeus are laying in bed. And Zeus was just like "aye baby" goes to kiss her and EATS HER. But métis is one powerful god so she causes Zeus to have these headaches.
"Ungrateful little tool," Métis mumbled in Zeus' head. Later the headache became unbearable so Hermes cracked Zeus' head open with an ax and out popped Athena. Athena has the wisdom of her mother and in many ways IS more powerful than Zeus. That's what I mean about the oracles. Oh also they are NEVER wrong. But Zeus interpreted the oracle's fortune wrong. The oracles never said it was a male or that the kid was gonna overthrow Zeus and now instead of the great Métis we have Hera.
Since Zeus ate Métis Zeus had to find a new wife. So he chose his sister, Hera, goddess of marriage, fertility, and women in general. You think being the goddess of what she is I wouldn't hate her ass so much but I do. I hate Hera, and this is MY PERSONAL OPINION, I hate Hera because I feel like she's that bitchy Queen bee cheerleader that's head of the metaphoric school. Zeus is a ladies man and cheats on Hera like the metaphoric quarter back he is. She gets pissed and takes it out on his kids! Hercules killed his wife and kids because Hera put him in a fit of insanity. Ya Hercules, unlike what Disney says, is the son of Zeus and a human, not Hera. I hate her. But Zeus and Hera are still married and a have a few kids but I either hate most of their kids or their kids aren't the best gods. But more info on their kids in later chapters. Sorry for the long overdue update.