Dont avoid me

Hyungsik

        I routinely woke up at 6 am but Junghwa was no longer in my arms. I patted the bed with my eyes closed but I didn't feel her. I sat up. She probably was in the kitchen making breakfast. Last night replayed in my head. Why did she say sorry? I shook my head and walked into the bathroom.
Junghwa

  I decided to leave at 5 am. I packed my backpack and slipped out of Hyungsiks tight grip. How could I look at him today and tell him that the guy kissing me was my best friend. I needed to avoid him. I gave him a kiss on his forehead.
    I decided to eat cereal and wear some jeans and a thick grey tag sweater.

    I barely put any makeup on before pulling my phone out to text Minjae

    I barely put any makeup on before pulling my phone out to text Minjae. He responded immediately.

Yj: hey can you meet me in the music room now please
Mj: yea sure y tho r u ok
Yj: idk
Mj: did something happen
Yj: I can't say
Mj: I'm on my way to the school
Yj: thanks

   I brushed my hair and quietly left the house. As I walked to school I thought about last night. I wanted to cry. I loved Hyeon Jae as a friend only thought why would he suddenly kiss me like that? I can't believe he ruined our friendship like that. I felt like crying but I held it in. I didn't want to look like a total baby.
     As I entered the school the hallways were dark and empty. The music room was at the back of the school. No one really went back there unless they were assigned to. I pushed the almost fully closed door to reveal Minjae sitting on the piano seat in his phone endlessly typing away. I cleared my throat. He looked up with worry in his eyes.
   "Are you ok?" He asked walking towards me. I nodded and sniffed. I walked in and closed the door behind me. "I need to tell you something that I c-can't hold on." I said sitting down tears forming in my eyes. I remembered how caring Hyungsik was last night. I took a deep breathe. Minjae looked at me curiously and worriedly.
     I carefully explained what had happened last night in detail while Minjae sat quietly listening, his facial expressions changing each moment. I ended up crying halfway to the end. Minjae put his arm around me and began rubbing my arm.
   I felt comfortable yet sad. I even told him about my idea of avoiding Hyungsik all day. He shook his head. " You shouldn't. He is probably worried about you." He said convincing me. "But after all that? He's gonna beat up Hyeon Jae if he even sees him." I said wiping my tears.  "That jerk. Why are you worried? I would too." He said balling his fists up. I patted his shoulder. It was already 6:50. I needed to get to class.
     He nodded. "Thank you for listening to me." I said hugging him. He rubbed my back. "No it's okay. Sometimes we all need to talk." He said letting go of me. "Now let's go to class." He said getting his backpack on. I did too, following him to the door. I felt a sudden pressure gone from my body. I felt slightly better but I was starting to change my mind about avoiding Hyungsik. Only till I had the courage to say it I would avoid him.
I realized if I walked into class early Hyungsik would see me so I hid in the bathroom till 6:57. I was at the end of the school after all I needed time to get to class.
My phone was constantly buzzing in my pocket. I knew he would try to text me. I stared at myself in the mirror. Should I just go home? No I don't need bad grades this year. I turned my phone off and headed to class.
As I walked in the teacher had just stood up and everyone was bowing. I quickly ran to my seat and joined in so no one noticed me. Not even the teacher. He began the lesson and I heard whispers around me. If I turned around and showed my face Hyungsik might see me.
I felt a tap on my shoulder. I put my head down and turned around. A random kid put some paper in my hand. Minjae was staring at the front of class and didn't even notice me. Was it Hyungsik?
I opened the piece of paper. Meet me on the rooftop during lunch please. I want to talk about last night. I crumbled it up and threw it on the ground. I couldn't go up there. My stomach was already twisting.

The classes passed easily till lunch period. I wasn't stressing it because all I had to do was hide somewhere where he couldn't find me. As the teacher dismissed everyone I quietly slumped in my seat and pretended to look for something in my backpack.
With my head still down I thought I was alone until I saw a pair of long legs standing in front. He caught me. I stood up and looked around. "Let's talk." His voice was light and soft. "W-We don't need to." I said through a blocked nose. He leaned down and matched my height.
"Were you crying?" He asked grabbing my hand. I shook my head and wiped my nose on my sleeve. "Aigooo our little princess was crying." He said smiling while pulling me into his and wrapping his arms around me. I can't lie. I loved being in his embrace. I felt a little less about talking to him.
"Let's go to the rooftop and then you can talk to me." He said intertwining our fingers and leading me to the rooftop. I was starting to get scared now.
    He opens the door and brought me to the middle of the ground. He took his jacket off and layed it all over the ground. I sat on it and he sat on the building. He took a deep breathe.
    "You can take your time to tell me whatever you need to." He said holding my hand trying to make eye contact with me. I took a deep breathe too and looked at the floor. "Hyeon Jae has been my closest friend for 7 years." He nodded. "But he confessed to me last night about his feelings he developed and how they were becoming stronger." I said slightly ready. Hyungsik used his thumb to rub my hand. "Did he kiss you first?" He asked eyebrows knitting together.
    I nodded. Tears started falling. "Hey hey hey why are you crying? I'm not mad at you." He said holding my chin up to face him. I shook my head and put my face in his chest. We sat quietly for a little bit.
    "I am j-just hurt that someone Iv known for so long decided to just ruin our friendship with one kiss." I said quietly. "Do you still want to be friends with him?" He asked stroking my hair. "I d-don't know. Maybe." I said trying to make my mind up. "Please don't hurt him. I want him to change." I added pulling back to look him in the eyes. "Your wish is my command." He said saluting. I laughed. He knew how to make a girl smile.
   "Ya, we need to go, class probably started already." I said standing up. He did too and wrapped he jacket around his hips. I smiled. He did too. As I started walking to the door he pulled my arm and I turned around. "What now?" I asked smiling.
    He pulled me towards him and gave me a small peck on the lips. My cheeks were quickly filling with heat. He just smirked. "Don't avoid me anymore. Please." He said still holding my hand.
I nodded. We walked back down to the main hall and sadly departed ways because we both didn't see one another again together until departure.

The classes slowly passed until the day came to and end. I was excited because me and Hyungsik were getting ice cream today. I feel like eating strawberry ice cream but I know Hyungsik likes chocolate so I guess I will get that too. I packed my bag as it was departure time and I was ready to see him now.

Hyungsik

     I promised to take Junghwa to get ice cream today after school. She was excited when I said it yesterday. I know she likes strawberry but I like chocolate. I'm going to get strawberry for the both of us. Matching couple ice creams.
    I couldn't wait to see her even though we met like 2 hours ago. I headed towards the front of the school and waited for her to come out. The rest of the school flooded with kids who were leaving for the weekend. Maybe after we get ice cream today I can take her to the Han River.
    I pulled my phone out and texted her saying to hurry up. Just as I was about to hit the send button I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and she immediately hugged me. What a cutie. She pulled back and smiled at me. I grabbed her hand and we walked towards the ice cream store a couple minutes away.